• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your specialty anyway
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      With sufficient income I hope to tide you over the lean periods
      By God it's been tight. Lost the house, lost the boat, lost our credit ratings.

So, no. Not really.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I tried coding for a while, but debugging takes patience, and that's in short supply here

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          By God it's been tight. Lost the house, lost the boat, lost our credit ratings.

So, no. Not really.
          Lost my first house when I went bankrupt twenty years ago.
          now I diversify and do buy to let as well
          It is hard picking yourself up though

Comment

Credit ratings are easy to get back.
            Small loans
            TV rental with the meter in the back
            Takes a year to bump up your credit rating again

Comment

Whats your specialty anyway
              I was an all-rounder. Had done and could do anything (except sales).

Had built and run teams, systems design, development and implementation. Created a helpdesk and network support teams.

Then, when everything went tits up in 2001, me and about 300,000 other all-rounders wondered what the hell happened.

Of all the people I have worked with since 1985, very few are still in IT. My Best Man - a contractor since the 1980s - now drives a recovery truck.

I re-invented myself, did a load of project management qualifications (with the last of the tax money ) and got back in that way. Since then I've been about half in and half out of work. It turns out most everyone in my position that wanted to stay in IT ... got into project management.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

As long as you pay on time and don't miss a payment your credit rating shoots up

Comment

Credit ratings are easy to get back.
                  Small loans
                  TV rental with the meter in the back
                  Takes a year to bump up your credit rating again
                  Now there's some ideas that nobody has suggested to us before. Thank you.

Comment

Try getting into another industry.
                    Skills like project management are transferable.
                    Any major construction or demolition job these days is done under a Construction and Demolition mandate.
                    They all require project supervisors.
                    Take a construction industry CSCS Health & safety Qualification and they will be phoning you.

Comment

Since I am the Project supervisor on all of my contracts I don't need one, But since I took the CITB CSCS health and Safety test and passed. my name is on their list and agencies and companies phone me every week offering me work

Comment

Working...
                      X