• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Next time I am paying someone to do it, I earn too much to be stressed like this again!

(although I am sure I said that last time I had to change it and subsequently forgot how much a PITA it is)
    Got the chappie at Halfords to do mine. Took him ages, and looked like a right old mission. Glad I didn't attempt it myself.

Comment

Heating's broken. And it's damned cold!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Night all

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          So the wine should be at a good temperature to drink?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I gave up on Homeland after last season but I watched tonight's episode. Looks like I haven't missed much. Still think Carrie is the worst CIA agent ever.
            Ah.

Another non ending ending.

I suppose, looking on the bright side, no one got hanged this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Wossup with it?

Frozen condensate pipe?

Mine loses pressure in the radiators.

Really wonderful.

Heating the whole house (well warming it up a bit) with the pongy gas fire thingie.

I don't like the smell it makes but the CO monitor implies that it's just pongy, not gassing me.

Comment

Back from the pub

I was the last (paying) person in there by five past eleven, but the barman's girlfriend had turned up and I'd let him use my "One yourself?" to buy her and him both a drink, so he wasn't in a rush to kick me out as they went off to the back yard beer garden for a smoke

Once I'd finished my pint and started heading home, I could tell that my knee was still a bit unhappy with the situation, but due to alcohol-related bamboozlement I wasn't certain exactly how discombobulated it was. I decided that if a cab for hire turned up before I got to the river (~halfway home), I'd hail it, otherwise I'd assume I could make it the rest of the way. And lo! a cab appeared just after that, so I hailed it.

Then the cabbie explained that he was taking "this lady" (a hitherto-unseen passenger in the back) to the Royal Infirmary (about fifty yards away) so if I got in the front, he'd take me home after that.

Fine thought I, and climbed in. We turned into the Royal. (Seriously, it's right there, we were at the entrance from that direction.) And immediately got stuck behind three or four ambulances.

Eventually a paramedic from the one in front of us came back: "Sorry me duck, but there's these in front and we can't get through that gap."

So we reversed until we could get out of the Royal, and went to the next entrance a hundred yards or so away… where we had to let the same ambulances past as the blockage cleared

Anyway, we finally dropped "this lady" off and I got a cab home. I think I would have been home at about the same time if I'd walked it, so maybe that was the gods' way of reminding me that I might use the conveniences of civilisation to ease my passage, but I can't actually save time, for all days are numbered

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Wossup with it?

Frozen condensate pipe?

Mine loses pressure in the radiators.

Really wonderful.

Heating the whole house (well warming it up a bit) with the pongy gas fire thingie.

I don't like the smell it makes but the CO monitor implies that it's just pongy, not gassing me.
                  It's been making noises for a while. I should have got it seen to.

Our electric heater got taken to Birmingham by ms#4, so it's jumpers all round at the moment.

I think it's probably the fan - it seems to go every couple of years - I think where it is, the wind blows in the flue and makes the fan work harder. ms#3 now working for a plumber, so will hopefully get a free (and speedy) fix.

On the plus side, I didn't get woken at 5am when the heating kicked in

Just got up - supposed to have my car at the garage for 8 - gonna have to get a move on...

Comment

Morning

mrs 5* has finally called the docs and is going there sometime today.

Comment

Eldest has been stuck in her room for days studying for mocks in Jan

Young un was at a friends sleepover last night.

Wifey has been in bed for past 2 days.

Its been a quiet one so far.

And I've even been laying off the booze incase I'm needed to take mrs 5* to a&e

Comment

Working...
                      X