• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Still not convinced by the 'eggy' one - that should have been chucked down the sink IMO.
    Yeah, that was an interesting one! A little bit of cognitive dissonance with that one!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Better get out and do the shopping during the time between the rugby fans clogging up the roads on their way there, and clogging up the other side of them on their way back again

Comment

Mine's neither. Will visit Orange shoppe tomorrow and see if they can supply me with something suitable.
        Did you get your SIM sorted out?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Better get out and do the shopping during the time between the rugby fans clogging up the roads on their way there, and clogging up the other side of them on their way back again
          Well, that didn't go quite as planned

I've been guilty of sadly neglecting my Super Monkey Car over the last month or two, and it had built up a serious case of condensation. I went in it to get a can of de-icer the other morning and was met with a veritable shower of drops of water falling in it, and there was a growth of mildew building up on the steering wheel

So I was determined to take it for a run today, to try to dry it out a bit. It started up OK, and I ran it for a few minutes, and all seemed well; so I set off, intending to take a bit of a drive round some bits of ring road and what have you before getting the shopping done.

But it became clear that a short drive wasn't going to give it a chance to dry very much.

I ended up doing (according to Google Maps) almost eighty miles, including four different motorways

And having finally got back home, I took the other car and did the shopping

Comment

You can get some very nice cheaper wines - as long as they taste good for the purpose you're drinking them, then all's good.
            You can indeed, but for that I stick to European rather than new world. Local guy sells some nice wines for less than a tenner.

I just rather not drink summat that feels like you've been hit over the head with an oak tree and with a hangover to suit it too.

As for natural wines, well, they can keep em!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ditzed around showering and shaving and all that malarkey, only to realise that I don't actually feel like going down the pub after all. I'm fairly tired, it's cold and foggy out there, and I can think of better ways of spending Sunday than nursing a hangover

Comment

Ditzed around showering and shaving and all that malarkey, only to realise that I don't actually feel like going down the pub after all. I'm fairly tired, it's cold and foggy out there, and I can think of better ways of spending Sunday than nursing a hangover
                Which is why I always have a stock of booze at home.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Which is why I always have a stock of booze at home.
                  And the sad thing is the only reason I will have to get up early is to put a steak in the sous vide.

How sad is that?

Don't answer I'll get back to my Korenwijn!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Walking back from the cafe this evening it was pretty nippy.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X