• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    My phone here rang once. I quickly turned the ringer volume down and made sure nobody had noticed. It hasn't rung again
    At the last clientco, I stopped logging into my phone.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      it appears that the dishwasher latch is not working. So Ive got to have an attempt at fixing it - or I could just order a new latch from ebay for £7.
      Tis fixed. A little adjustment to the latch and its working for the time being.
      I'll have to keep and eye on it just in case it leaks

Comment

Feck me.

How can they not know that a LED doesn't light up if both ends are 5V?

It's like pulling teeth sometimes.

Comment

I well remember at one place, picking up the phone and saying "Good afternoon, Opendate".

Opendate were the company I was writing code for at that moment.

Not the company I was working for.

Fortunately it passed unremarked.

And the company phone number was 1 digit removed from the police HQ.

So I spoke to various people who were calling to complain about various plods.

And the wife of one of the aforementioned persons who was going through her phone log finding out who he'd rung.

I think he was the drunk.

And then there was the time I answered the phone to some texan Septic whose drawl was so broad so as to incomprehensible.

Turned out that "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht" was actually "Dot".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I well remember at one place, picking up the phone and saying "Good afternoon, Opendate".
            Gosh, that sound professional (apart from the bit about being the wrong company). I usually go with a surprised "Hello?" assuming they've got the wrong number. Previous permCo gave us phone answering lessons. I remember they fed us jellybeans to keep us in the training session. I know it was all quite bewildering, complicated stuff about needing to know whether it was morning or afternoon, who you were working for and what your name was.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Gosh, that sound professional (apart from the bit about being the wrong company). I usually go with a surprised "Hello?" assuming they've got the wrong number. Previous permCo gave us phone answering lessons. I remember they fed us jellybeans to keep us in the training session. I know it was all quite bewildering, complicated stuff about needing to know whether it was morning or afternoon, who you were working for and what your name was.
              If the phone rings at clientco (and all previous), I tend to let it go to voicemail and then listen to the contents from the email with attached wav of said call...

Phone calls at gigs always bring doom and bad news so I tend not to pick up...
              Join IPSE

Comment

If you ever call a merkin automated system, they call the # key the pound key. Confused me no end that did as I bleated to the non listening automaton that I had no pound key.

Comment

I wonder if they call hashtags poundtags...
                  Last edited by mudskipper; 7 November 2014, 14:51.

Comment

Where's our favourite tester these days? Has he actually got some work to do?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      In the process of pumpkin pie making.

Pastry made, just as well I know how to make pastry as the recipe was wrong, so had to make adjustments.

Roasting the pumpkin in the oven to soften it and once that's done will blind bake the pastry and start to make the filling.
                      Pie in oven now.

I now remember why I don't make pies very often!

There's loads of filling left over. Will see how the pie turns out and then might use it for summat else.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X