• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well UPS are supposed to have delivered a package for Mr N that was apparently signed for today.

I was in all day, no one turned up and having canvassed the neighbours, no one has said package or knows who the name is that signed for it.
    It seems that delivery services are equally useless the world over

I mean, it's not as if they've got to do so much other stuff that occasionally, things fall through the cracks: "Sorry, we were so busy running the tap-dancing class, and then there was a bit of an emergency at the oil refinery, and as a result we screwed up your delivery." It's just pick up things at the depot, go to the places they're addressed to, and drop them off. I once worked on the Christmas post delivering stuff to people's houses, and it was really easy.

Comment

Package has now turned up.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Apparently he's bought a new thermostat, its a new fangled self learning one.

I'm now worried.... I did ask if the make was HAL 9000.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Apparently he's bought a new thermostat, its a new fangled self learning one.

I'm now worried.... I did ask if the make was HAL 9000.
          Can you train it to bleed the radiators?

Comment

It seems that delivery services are equally useless the world over

I mean, it's not as if they've got to do so much other stuff that occasionally, things fall through the cracks: "Sorry, we were so busy running the tap-dancing class, and then there was a bit of an emergency at the oil refinery, and as a result we screwed up your delivery." It's just pick up things at the depot, go to the places they're addressed to, and drop them off. I once worked on the Christmas post delivering stuff to people's houses, and it was really easy.
            It was a genuine mistake, there was a smudge on the number which made it look like an 8 instead of a 3, one of the neighbours kids signed for it, thinking their parents had ordered summat, not looking at the actual name on the package.

I did work with someone who used to work in the local royal mail parcel depot somewhere in the east end, he told me they used to steal any packages that came from mail order companies as they knew people would just contact said company and get it redelivered.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Can you train it to bleed the radiators?
              I wish, had to to that yesterday and still haven't finished as one of the radiators is about 7 feet up in the front hallway and the other is a couple of feet under the floor.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bit of a scare today, thought NorPussI had got out of the house ( they are still indoors, pending installation of cat flap), turns out he has a cloggy doppelgänger.
                Last edited by norrahe; 22 October 2014, 19:32.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oof, Liverpool are getting an absolute doing

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Oof, Liverpool are getting an absolute doing
                    So you all set for the weekend then?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So you all set for the weekend then?
                      Yep, think so. Need to do a bit of packing tonight because I'm out tomorrow night. I'll probably head to the airport in plenty of time on Friday. I missed a flight to Spain last month because of train problems so I don't want a repeat of that. If I'm too early I can always have some real champagne, not that fictional stuff that MF doesn't drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X