• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me, first result.

Posted yesterday:

"Suffering on settee with
    something obviously catching and terrible ... Have tried to explain to her in doors that it's far worse than what she
    takes time off of work for but she just doesn't seem to understand."

I think he's got suityitis. And he obviously hasn't sussed out his privacy settings.

Still - glad he's got a her indoors. He was nice enough. Just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's bitterly cold here tonight. And the wind cuts right through you
      Yep, twas a tad chilly when I nipped to the shoppe to get my vino.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Actually, having now perused his entire adult life history, I think I had a very lucky escape.

Comment

The words look familiar, but when you play the pronunciations, they're pretty incomprehensible.

Tak is the only word I remember from my last visit to Denmark, in circa 1983. That, and a plague of ladybirds (literally, they were swarming).

Did I tell you about my last visit?

I was forced into a reluctant romance with a boy from Essex called Russell, whose mother was a telephone operator, so, despite me refusing to give him my number, got it anyway. His mother spoke to my mother and invited me to stay for the weekend. My mother accepted. It was hell. We went to the cinema and every time he tried to put his arm round me I made an excuse. "I need the toilet". "I need a Mars Bar..."
          There was a very cute guy on the same holiday called Will. Now if it had been him...

Actually, I might see if I can find Russell on facebook. Hopefully he found a nicer girl who liked him back.
          Watched a lot of Borgen and the killing and they're pretty similar to cloggy, was quite surprised how similar the languages were.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Feck me, first result.

Posted yesterday:

"Suffering on settee with
            something obviously catching and terrible ... Have tried to explain to her in doors that it's far worse than what she
            takes time off of work for but she just doesn't seem to understand."

I think he's got suityitis. And he obviously hasn't sussed out his privacy settings.

This is why I'm not on facebook.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Watched a lot of Borgen and the killing and they're pretty similar to cloggy, was quite surprised how similar the languages were.
              I've still got enough Afrikaans in my head to ensure that I'm properly confused when I visit any countries with similar linguistic roots.

Comment

I've still got enough Afrikaans in my head to ensure that I'm properly confused when I visit any countries with similar linguistic roots.
                Oh dear, your the person who speaks a cross between old English and Old Dutch.

I did work with a saffa when I first came over and I could not understand his cloggy at all.

At least it's not as bad as starting a sentence in froggy and finishing it in cloggy.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's back!

Been a stressful few hours, waiting…

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Got a blister under a callous. Having anaethsetised with red wine, I'm about to attack with a needle (or more accurately a safety pin, coz I can't find a needle).
                      Medical practitioner now as well as Oracle expert

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X