• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I was "required" to complete a pre-placement health questionnaire...

I asked why? Not directly employed by them...they responded that everyone had to...

Not a good enough answer for me so I said no

They are now making an issue out of using their equipment, completing a DSE risk assessment and was my company pre-qualified as part of the selection process...

I say again...

AAAARRRRRGGGHHH!
    Join IPSE

Comment

M&S Gloucester Old Spot sausages in a sandwich made with fresh white bread - delicious!

Comment

Now, let's see if SourceTree has managed to get over the strain of me removing ~33,000 files totalling 1.2GB from a Git repository they really shouldn't have been in in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Now, let's see if SourceTree has managed to get over the strain of me removing ~33,000 files totalling 1.2GB from a Git repository they really shouldn't have been in in the first place
          SourceTree? I always had you down as a command line chap.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Pimp contacted me about a gig, they quoted a pretty low rate in Euros, which I suspect was actually sterling and they're pulling a fast one, and then said it was for 3 days a week. REALLY? But of course its a year long contract, that's nice, but it's still stupidly low.

I told them what I was willing to go for rate wise and they'll call me back later. There is a limit as to how low I will go rate wise.

Hmmm, I doubt I'll hear from them again.
            Oooh and looking online aforementioned gig is advertised by at least 7 other agencies.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Oooh and looking online aforementioned gig is advertised by at least 7 other agencies.
              At differing rates?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                can I just say...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGH!
                You may

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  SourceTree? I always had you down as a command line chap.
                  I can handle the command line if I have to, but for things like diffs and merges a UI is vastly superior.

I spent most of the Eighties typing commands, so I try to avoid it now if I can

Comment

PimpCall™ about a London gig. Rate was far below what would make it worth my while

Apparently the client might have been willing to bump it up a bit if I had fluent German. Luckily, I don't

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                      At differing rates?
                      None of them mention rates.

A lot of gigs in cloggers, especially on cloggy websites basically ask you to submit an application, your hourly rate and a motivation spiel.

Its becoming more common so they can eliminate the expensive peeps, if they think your cv is any good then they will come back and tell you what the actual rate is, if you happen to be over and above the going rate.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X