• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS: Just discovered I hadn't checked Twitter on my iPad since last night (i.e. about 24 hours ago, not the evening just passed).

Very unusual for me; I must have spent all my time on the MBA today.

Mind you, all that brought me was some Great Leaps Forward in the stuff I'm mucking about with, followed by a Huge Juddering To A Halt as I ran up against an aspect of Django so recondite that I'll have to read the source of various complicated things to work out how to make some stuff work - hence going to the pub

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all.

I feel like death warmed over this morning.

Comment

In other other news, there was a black beetly thing on the kitchen floor this a.m.

I killed it.

In other other other news, there was a tiny, almost transparent, newtlike thingie clinging to the door jamb of the back door this morning.

I think it was looking for its beetley friend who was crushed to death on the kitchen floor.

Note to self: clean behind the cooker & the fridge, pronto.

Comment

No work today. Instead, we have three separate hospital appointments with mother and her ailments. Fun, fun, fun.

Comment

Morning
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Gig I was put forward for at ex-clientco was filled by someone else

Given the job was exactly what I was doing before, I suspect the rate was the issue, even though you are contacted by an agency, they still go through a third party company, who often filter out people who don't fit criteria on the rate rather than skills.

Ah well!
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

No work today. Instead, we have three separate hospital appointments with mother and her ailments. Fun, fun, fun.
                    <-Lizardly, no s

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Gig I was put forward for at ex-clientco was filled by someone else

Given the job was exactly what I was doing before, I suspect the rate was the issue, even though you are contacted by an agency, they still go through a third party company, who often filter out people who don't fit criteria on the rate rather than skills.

Ah well!
                      <-Lizardly, no s

Comment

Working...
                      X