• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    I'm bored....of pointless agencies. Is there a cure?
    Necessary evil unfortunately.

I was lucky with the last contract it was agency free, only downside was I had to chase finances myself, but once it was all up and running payment was within 7 days.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      Ommm.....
      Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Mr D's in Sketty still going?
        Dunno.

I haven't been to Sketty in donkey's years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Haven't you only just finished ferrying it uphill?
          Er, no.

I ferried it all up hill 9 years ago.

Last year I ferried it downhill again.

Today I ferried more or less the last remnants downhill.

I may go & get some hp inkjets next week.

Then again, I may not bother.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Necessary evil unfortunately.

I was lucky with the last contract it was agency free, only downside was I had to chase finances myself, but once it was all up and running payment was within 7 days.
            Sadly I don't have the Kahoonas to go direct.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

About now, the road outside will close until early Monday morning, for work on the railway bridge.

Once the scooters from the pizza shop across the way have gone to bed, it should be as quiet along here as it's ever been since the Romans started organising charabanc trips from Lincoln to Exeter for the summer season

Comment

The road doesn't seem to have closed

They probably got confused over when "1am on Saturday" is, and actually meant 1am twenty-four hours from now, which is of course 1am on Sunday

Comment

I've never noticed the traffic for ten years, but because I've been expecting it to stop, it's really annoying me now

From what I can find online, the traffic stops at 2100 today. The feckwits who tweeted that it stopped now are the operators of local public transport, which explains why they haven't got a sodding clue what's going on

Comment

Right then, Quatermass and the Pit it is!

The film, not the original black & white 405-line TV series. That's about three-and-a-half-hours long, and it's a bit late for that

Apparently, when they restored it for the DVD release, they applied special processing to bits of it that came from film to give it the proper 405-line appearance

But I'm going to watch the Hammer film instead tonight

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X