• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp came back to me about the role, turns out its exactly the same role with the same client as I was with when I came over here.

Only downside is they use a pain in the arse referencing company that require you to get verification of roles going back years and require the original forms and also you need to get background checks done as well.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      What a pain in the tuliphole.

I've only ever had that happen once, with Hays. In the end I dropped the gig rather than sign up to their tulipty T&Cs.

again this morning - more out of hours code upgrades. Only about 2000 more switches to go...
      Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      This also was with Hays. So I walked away
      This is via STR
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        This is via STR
        Agency sneakily have sent through T&Cs which I had a read through and basically told them unless they made changes they would not be representing me.

One of the clauses was no termination without their permission and that you are liable to pay them if you leave early.

cheeky sods!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Bored.

Now.
            WZS

Norrahe's blog

Comment

NorPussII decided he would lean on me most of the night. I had to keep moving him

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Agency sneakily have sent through T&Cs which I had a read through and basically told them unless they made changes they would not be representing me.

One of the clauses was no termination without their permission and that you are liable to pay them if you leave early.

cheeky sods!
                I am noticing that this seems to be very common now before representation.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bit quiet in here today.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Bit quiet in here today.
                    Seems to be not so quiet in general.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Greetings denizens

Back's playing up a bit

I suspect charging around central London, up and down escalators and so forth, with a fairly heavy laptop bag slung over one shoulder over the weekend didn't do it much good. Maybe I should get one of those small rucksack things.

Comment

Working...
                      X