• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Not yet, possibly in a couple weeks...
    Actually, may have an invite in the next couple days spare...who knows?
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      WAS.

Comment

Spent a couple of hours listening to a top-flight penetration tester talking. He wasn't giving a presentation, though that had been the plan: instead he just talked informally about stuff, fielding questions and just going wherever the discussion led.

This guy really is top notch: he's even given advice to parliamentary committees when they've been plotting the usual idiotic laws. I won't refer to such committees as "ill-advised" in future, for his advice is excellent. The problem is they just do whatever they'd planned to do in the first place, no matter how good the advice they receive.

He was particularly adept at dealing with questions that impinged on what our Cheltonian friends get up to. He responded along the lines of being unable to say whether he had had dealings with them, while pointing out that if he had had dealings with them he wouldn't be allowed to either confirm or deny that he had… BUT thanks to certain matters having been put in the public domain by Edward Snowden he could tell us that…

I particularly liked his response when one chap asked if the "just collecting metadata" thing didn't mean that we shouldn't be that worried. He replied "As Snowden has explained, if they can collect it, they will collect it."

Chap says "So if it's just metadata they're collecting…"

He interrupts: "You're not understanding the most important part of my sentence. Let me repeat it:

If they can collect it… they will collect it."

Bloke, who was sat one person away from me, was still looking a bit confused, so I leaned across: "They can collect everything: not just metadata. So if they can…?"

He finally clicked

There was loads more good stuff too, though of course he never overstepped the bounds of confidentiality, whether legal or ethical.

Comment

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Back at BarCamp London for another day of techie goodness

I've finally decided on a subject for my talk: it'll be reminiscences of my time as a games programmer in the 1980s

Comment

Leg of lamb cooking.

Rice pud cooked.

I feel ever so guilty when I think of that poor lamb hopping around the field.

Comment

Afternoon tea was fin yesterday and also the cocktails afterwards

Still had some leftover kedgeree for brunch today and there's still some sticky toffee pud left
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So with Mr N away all next week, I got me a poussin for tea tomorrow, will also make some refried beans with chorizo and maybe some pork chops with beans and also nice fatty lamb chops on the bone.

Finish up next week, so have got some figs and plums to make chutney and also some chillies and peppers to make chilli jam. Will grab some blackberries in the market later on and make some jam as well, if I have any pots leftover.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X