• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well next week I have a last day dinner with people from clientco and they have picked a pretty crap eaterie to go to.

The worst thing is that 5 minutes walk down the road is a fantastic restaurant which is not expensive.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Well next week I have a last day dinner with people from clientco and they have picked a pretty crap eaterie to go to.

The worst thing is that 5 minutes walk down the road is a fantastic restaurant which is not expensive.

Check if the other place can take the booking then apologise and make up an excuse why you will never darken the current restaurants door again....

Either that or fake an urgent appointment that you have to attend.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Check if the other place can take the booking then apologise and make up an excuse why you will never darken the current restaurants door again....

Either that or fake an urgent appointment that you have to attend.
          I did make very strong hints about the good place and was steadfastly ignored, these people think they know better. Its yet another restaurant that is conveniently placed right across from the managers apartment, the same thing happened the last time we went out for a meal.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just removed about sixty lines of code, replacing them with about six lines and a couple of XPath selectors
              I shall pretend I understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I shall pretend I understand that.
                Me too!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

This place gets ever more brilliant every day.

Just had a bunch of people who want to install aircon in the project room.

Coz they're turning it into an IT suite.

Talk about mushrooms.

Comment

Any suggestions for interesting TV series to download?

I finished Entourage and almost up to date on Nurse Jackie, Mr N is away all of next week so need summat to keep me occupied.

I'll also be on the bench next week so in between cooking I will need stuff to watch.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In other news Big Bang theory started again

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X