• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So if this is where the good guys hang out, I'd better be a good guy

Monday was a tough day for me. Up at 3am for the long journey to Bonn and also my best mate went into hospital for a cystectomy.

Basically he has bladder cancer. 43 years old. I did not want to share this as the recent wounds are still raw.

It didn't help as when he came round from the OP he was in agony and was apparently calling for me. I offered to get on a flight but his girlfriend wouldn't ok it. She is not to be messed with.

I am close to him. It's a strange, and very weird friendship. Like the odd couple mixed with Morecambe and Wise.

So now I guess I have now posted everything that is going on in my life. But I didn't intend to.
    <- manly

Comment

Ooh, unexpected adventure!

I just nipped down to the all-night garage. As I entered, there were a couple of girls in there, but nobody else. One of them was strutting back and forth by the counter, shouting a load of crap, while the other was very obviously stealing cans of beer from the fridges.

The manager was just getting on the phone to call the police as I got there, and they made for the door, which the chap at the till locked with his magic button. So they went back to the fridge and put back (some, maybe all? I don't know) of the booze they'd lifted, and made for the door again, demanding to be let out.

The garage guys unlocked the door, possibly because they'd read some crap about yooman rights and unlawful imprisonment in the Daily Mail and didn't realise they could keep the doors locked until the police got there actually they probably couldn't, but there you go; they'd probably have got away with it. So the two young ladies left, and I paid for my purchases, and also left. The manager was still on the phone, giving descriptions and listing various things he reckoned they'd stolen.

As I was leaving, a police car came around a corner over the road which the young ladies were now approaching, with its blues on and entered the forecourt; the two young ladies hung back for a moment as it appeared in front of them but then, as it went straight past them, they turned the corner and bolted up the side street.

Having crossed the forecourt, I decided to hang about and keep watch up that street. After all, I had nothing better to do

After a quick conflab with the garage people, the police car came back and turned up the side street. I carried on watching, and once it was about halfway up the street, the young ladies suddenly reappeared from behind a parked van where they'd been lurking. They waited for the police car to turn off at the next cross street, then started heading up the street.

Just for the hell of it, I followed

At the first cross-street they turned right; once I got there, I couldn't see them. So I went to the next cross-junction, and lurked in the shadows.

After about a minute, they reappeared further up - they'd been lurking behind a parked vehicle again. They headed up to, and turned right onto, the next cross-street; and there were no more cross-streets beyond that, because the Great Central Railway (or what's left thereof) is there instead.

I nipped across to the next street, and kept a watch for a few seconds, but before I saw them again the police car appeared at the previous junction - he'd not realised the cross-road was blocked there, and was about to reverse away. I waved at him, and he waited while I scampered over.

I asked if he was looking for the girls from the garage. He confirmed it, and I pointed up the street and told him they'd gone up there and turned right at the top, and I hadn't yet seen them appear at the next street. (I also, rather tactlessly, told him he'd missed them the first time because they hid behind a red van.) He thanked me, and went off up the street after them.

And I came home - by then I was on a side street that leads almost directly back to mine. In fact, everything happened within about four hundred yards of home.

So go to your local all-night garage - you never know what fun you might have
      Last edited by NickFitz; 18 September 2014, 00:45.

Comment

Ah, good, the toilet flush is broken

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Big story about crime prevention
            Very community spirited of you.

Ah, good, the toilet flush is broken
            That's not how karma should work.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ooh, unexpected adventure!
              Perhaps they were ducking behind vans to escape the weirdo that was stalking them.

Comment

Oh, and

Comment

Bit grey out there today.

Comment

There's an important vote happening North of the border today.

St Andrew's Golf Club are voting on whether to admit wimmin.

Comment

zeity, we love you!

Comment

Working...
                      X