• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with not watching whatever one's watching on DVD rips for a few nights is that one can't remember which episode one was on, even though the "Recent files" menu guides one to the correct disk image.

("One" = me, obviously.)

This is why we have broadcasters: they keep track on our behalf, and ensure we see each episode in the correct sequence.

(I vaguely remember a broadcaster cocking this up some years ago. Or maybe I'm thinking of the time the BBC showed a Marx Brothers film - A Night at the Opera, I think it was - and got a reel out of sequence. It was when I was about twelve, and I was allowed to stay up late because it was a Saturday, and my parents weren't going to send me to bed when there was a Marx Brothers film on, even if it was past my bedtime. The thing is, none of us noticed until after they went back to the correct reel, then showed the incorrect reel all over again, and then on to the end of the film. The BBC voice person apologised afterwards, but by then I'd been allowed to stay up even later than originally planned )

Anyway, my point being: when I'm watching a serialised programme on DVD, I keep the Wikipedia "List of Episodes in {thing} Season {x}" page open in a browser tab, as I can check the episode summaries and easily see which one I watched last.

Little tip there, if you have the same problem

Comment

PimpMail™: "I have a role that looks ideal for you" - yeah, including "Perl devs" in the title makes it around 100% certain that you don't

Comment

And, done. I have watched The Wire twice

**** the casual viewer. Seriously, who wants a casual viewer? If you’re a writer do you want a casual reader? I don’t want those people. Don’t want ‘em. Throwing them back. They’re like little fish on the hook. Throw ‘em back. I want the guy who’s come in who wants to be told a story. A story has a beginning, middle and an end.

- David Simon

Comment

I tend to change the name of the episode I have watched - putting an "x" at the end of the name will denote that I have watched up to there.
          Join IPSE

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

Morning
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning

Comment

Off to the quack.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Off to the quack.
                      Good luck.

I just had to go to boots. steroid cream for wasp sting. What is annoying is that while I am walking I feel fine. Soon as I sit down I feel woosey.

Comment

Working...
                      X