• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      It was 24.5 deg C in my bedroom when I went to bed, and 24.5 deg C when I dragged myself awake at 06:10 this morning.

Never mind, it'll soon be winter.
      You're a lizard, you should be basking in this weather

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I've given up and moved on to coffee.

Apparently today will be hot early on, after which it will get hotter, followed by a period of increasing hotness
        A series of nice hot cups of coffee should help immensely with that.

Since I'm currently in Marie Celeste mode, I dug out a brand new 3 year old kettle from home & brung it in along with yet another jar of coffee.

Didn't drink nearly enough yesterday, so the wee was a bit concentrated & not altogether pleasant to pass.

Comment

Phone call from ZeitSorror last evening, floods of tears.

A friend of hers was killed in a car crash on Sunday morning.

At the ripe old age of 36.

Ho hum.

Tragic.

Comment

And in other other news, as I was walking home last evening, I met a lady who's related to the lady who was a patient in the bed next to ZeitMater in the hospital.

"How's yer sister?" quoth I.

"Popped her clogs the day before yesterday" quoth she.

Ho hum.

In the midst of life & all that.

Mind you, that lady was a good deal older than 36.

And she wasn't well at all, so not altogether unexpected.

Comment

My contribution to the worldwide eradication of mosquitoes last night: 6.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                My contribution to the worldwide eradication of mosquitoes last night: 6.
                Every little helps.

I just feed them.

Comment

Swim this morning.

60 lengths.

Pool a bit crowded, so lots of bumping into people, especially 'windmill man' who didn't seem to understand the concept of keeping to his half of the lane.

Should help me snooze at my desk until 5:30...

Comment

solved bug that I introduced while refactoring some code....

Thank crunchie for that as its supposed to be demoed tomorrow....

It wouldn't be so bad if I it was in a documented part of this product. Sadly its definitely neither documented or supported as noted by the "here are dragons" statements scattered throughout the warning documentation telling you not to do anything in this area..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Am looking forward to when De Telegraaf becomes tabloid rather than broadsheet, am getting fed up with people sticking it in my face when trying to read it in the mornings.

Bloody awful paper anyway.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X