• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and do a long cycle.
    Me too (although not as long as you). Need a training ride before clientCo's Fleet->Brighton next week.

Comment

BBT. Nighty-night all

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

BBT. Nighty-night all
        Join IPSE

Comment

I thought my arse was connected to my elbow, not my hearts.

Comment

In other news, went to nephew's birthday party cum barbeque.

It was quite enjoyable.

My ex-brother in law was there too.

Haven't seen him in a while.

Comment

Then I came home & tied up my tomato plants in the greenhouses.

I like a nice bit of bondage.

Comment

Been out for a drink with one of my oldest friends. Our discussions were wide-ranging, as usual, but one very important point came up. I'm rather surprised we'd never stumbled across this point of commonality between us any time in the last thirty years.

It turns out there's a scientific explanation for why I find certain foods unutterably repulsive. They're the kinds of things that kids don't like, but that people acquire a taste for as they become adults.

However, the reason they acquire a taste is that their faculty of taste changes, such that they no longer taste the bitter, acrid components of the flavours those foods have. But some of us have a genetic variation which means we retain that ability. And so, to that small minority, such foods remain as unpleasant as they ever were.

So that's why I can't abide things like green vegetables, mustard, horseradish, etc. Or, more accurately, those of you who do like them are only able to do so because you became slightly deficient in the taste department as you reached adulthood.

I remain whole and entire. None of that muck for me, thank you very much, you pack of mutants

Comment

So that sorta explains why I no longer like things I use to like...ketchup being one, bell peppers, ginger and so forth...

interesting...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning all.

Now I'm off for a dump before I tulip mysel'.

Comment

Working...
                      X