• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had been trying to throw up since 5am - but passed out and got dizzy. I got him some stuff from the chemist - then called our work hotline - like NHS direct but you apeak to someone in 5 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

Comment

They said he needed to see a doctor. He was quite difficult so I got his sister round. Who then met his girlfriend he was trying to keep quiet.

Comment

There was a lull in the conversation, so I said I knew he was ill. He had been home from Dubai for 3 days - no fresh flowers in the bathroom!

He sister then made a joke about him being gay - to which his gf(Romanian with bad English) said "oh he is most definetly not". His sister said "too much information".

Comment

There then followed a series of calls to "grab a doc". Eventually he had to go to hospital. I went to look after his sister's kids so she could go to hospital with him.

Her mother was here - but she has huge memory issues. She asked me 10 times what day of the week it was.

Comment

Once she did not recognize her own grandchildren in the street!

Comment

Lndlords sister's bf wanted to go to the races and helpfully refused to change his plans!

Comment

I took the kids to burger king for lunch - then ran them ragged so they will sleep well tonight.

I was due to take the twins for dinner - but they came over. We then had KFC for dinner.

Landlord out of hospital and doing fine - he was abroad for 20 days doing 16 hour work days. He was back 5 days - but clearly needed more rest.

Comment

Why is it always the toilet where people pass out / keel over / generally have issues?

Comment

Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and do a long cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Why is it always the toilet where people pass out / keel over / generally have issues?
                      passing out while on the toilet - Undiagnosed Symptoms - MedHelp

"It has to do with the stimulation of the vagus nerve, which runs in the vicinity of the anal sphincter. When the vagus nerve is irritated it lowers the heart rate. This, in turn lowers the blood pressure and the person passes out. It is the reason many cardiac arrests are found on the toilet."

So now we know

Comment

Working...
                      X