• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All.

Another lovely sunny day.

Just back from walking the pondpooch in the big field where they had yesterday's car boot sale. You would not believe the amount of sh1t people have just left strewn everywhere. I ****ing hate car boot Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      My sewing machine didn't like the shiny fabric - I think the sewing machine might be older than polyester...
      The Kenwood Magimix I borrowed from my Mother a while back finally packed in this weekend. Apparently it was purchased in 1976 and has been going strong ever since (well, until Friday ) Went out on Sunday to buy a new one and it's fittings are identical. The bowl and attachments are identical in dimension.

Apparently the do still make em like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        The Kenwood Magimix I borrowed from my Mother a while back finally packed in this weekend. Apparently it was purchased in 1976 and has been going strong ever since (well, until Friday ) Went out on Sunday to buy a new one and it's fittings are identical. The bowl and attachments are identical in dimension.

Apparently the do still make em like they used to.
        I did read somewhere that if you had an older model, i.e. one of the original models, they would replace it for free.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I did read somewhere that if you had an older model, i.e. one of the original models, they would replace it for free.
          Too late now It's gone to the recycling centre (minus all salvageable parts).

Comment

In other news, I almost ruined a perfectly good steak on the egg, was testing out the new cast iron griddle and probably got it too hot.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Too late now It's gone to the recycling centre (minus all salvageable parts).
              It might have been a promo thing when they brought out the new model.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Lovely day. Im so glad im WFH today

Comment

In other news, I almost ruined a perfectly good steak on the egg, was testing out the new cast iron griddle and probably got it too hot.
                  Too bad.

Additional egg related news;
                  The wireless thermometers I ordered calibrated at a tidy 99/100C in a pan of boiling water.
                  The cheapo lumpwood charcoal from B+Q (£2 for 7Kg in the sale but normally £7) is actually not bad - Not the instant/quick light carp. Some nice big lumps and managed to get the temp off the scale at +400C. Seems to burn for a good duration but the only drawback is it takes a while to get going.

Comment

Too bad.

Additional egg related news;
                    The wireless thermometers I ordered calibrated at a tidy 99/100C in a pan of boiling water.
                    The cheapo lumpwood charcoal from B+Q (£2 for 7Kg in the sale but normally £7) is actually not bad - Not the instant/quick light carp. Some nice big lumps and managed to get the temp off the scale at +400C. Seems to burn for a good duration but the only drawback is it takes a while to get going.
                    I use the weber charcoal as the cheap stuff over here tastes of chemicals. I can tell when one of the local restaurants is using the cheap stuff in his egg, the meat tastes pretty awful.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I use the weber charcoal as the cheap stuff over here tastes of chemicals. I can tell when one of the local restaurants is using the cheap stuff in his egg, the meat tastes pretty awful.
                      I was careful to avoid the instant light rubbish as it stinks of lighter fluid. The stuff I found takes a good while to get going but has no tainting effect.

I will see how it goes next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X