• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I don't regret however much it was for the Guinness Original to go in the casserole, mind
    Now there's a good evening to be had Mr Fitz - leftover Guinness.... mmmmm!

GF#1 has opened a nice bottle of wine to put into the moussaka that she's now cooking. She even said "If I open this bottle of wine, would you drink it?"

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Now there's a good evening to be had Mr Fitz - leftover Guinness.... mmmmm!

GF#1 has opened a nice bottle of wine to put into the moussaka that she's now cooking. She even said "If I open this bottle of wine, would you drink it?"

Least you can do as she's doing the cooking.

Comment

I've sparked a discussion on Twitter about what, if anything, the difference is between casserole and stew. Generally accepted thesis is that stew is done on the hob, casserole in the oven. More as we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've sparked a discussion on Twitter about what, if anything, the difference is between casserole and stew. Generally accepted thesis is that stew is done on the hob, casserole in the oven. More as we get it.

The two definitions you usually get (I CBA to check your twitter)

Casserole is a middle class stew

You can make a stew in a casserole, you can't make a casserole in a stew.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            The two definitions you usually get (I CBA to check your twitter)

Casserole is a middle class stew

You can make a stew in a casserole, you can't make a casserole in a stew.
            Somebody has raised the thorny question of "braises", which are apparently considered a whole other thing again in certain cultures

Comment

Well, my beef and Guinness casserole was so nice that I'm thinking of founding a religion dedicated to its worship

Comment

Morning

Trudge through today, then 5 days free!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 11 August 2016, 21:32.

Comment

Today I am going to get some inspiration for the treble.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X