• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all.

Discovered the ZeitFiat had a flat tyre this morning.

Thought it felt a bit funny.

It had 5psi in it.

I'd been doing 60 mph with it like that.

Amazed it didn't come off the rim.

Fecking nail.

My £5 'lektrik tyre inflater worked, though the gauge reads 100% high.

It didn't really have 80psi in it after all.

Comment

Since the weather is so absoluckingfutely clement, I think I'll put some of that moss killer lawn feed stuff on the lawns this afternoon.

It should get watered in ok.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Afternoon all.

Discovered the ZeitFiat had a flat tyre this morning.

Thought it felt a bit funny.

It had 5psi in it.

I'd been doing 60 mph with it like that.

That's even worse than the tyre on the Toyota the other week - I think that was around 12psi when I realised it had a screw in it

Comment

The butcher in Sainsbury's was flogging off rump steak half price yesterday.

Steak sandwich for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's even worse than the tyre on the Toyota the other week - I think that was around 12psi when I realised it had a screw in it
            I'll have to get it fixed next week, along with whatever bodge the garage did to get it through the MOT.

I've been going to that garage for 40 years, I'm not too sure I'll go there again though.

Comment

The butcher in Sainsbury's was flogging off rump steak half price yesterday.

Steak sandwich for lunch
              Sausage & mash & onion gravy.

It was ok.

Ish.

Comment

Have I mentioned that the slugs have consumed my runner bean seedlings.

I got my own back with slug pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Have I mentioned that the slugs have consumed my runner bean seedlings.

I got my own back with slug pellets.
                  That'll teach 'em.

Comment

Raining out.

That's it's prerogative, I suppose.

Now it's started, I've remembered that I need to empty the kitchen bin; so I get a nice wander down the back yard, in the rain, carrying a sack of rubbish. Aristotle Onassis never had to do this kind of thing

Comment

Raining out.

That's it's prerogative, I suppose.

Now it's started, I've remembered that I need to empty the kitchen bin; so I get a nice wander down the back yard, in the rain, carrying a sack of rubbish. Aristotle Onassis never had to do this kind of thing
                      Lovely gales here.

It's not raining at the moment though which makes a change.

Attempted to use the dispenser to put the moss killer on the lawn.

It jammed up & broke.

Ho hum.

So I scattered it by hand instead.

Should be lovely & patchy now. g

Couldn't buy any runner bean seeds in Wilkinsons & couldn't be arsed to look anywhere else so I bought some broad bean seeds instead & planted some of those in yogurt pots.

The greenhouse (the falling down one) was rattling away quite interestingly whilst I was doing this.

Then I pulled up a small forest of weeds out of the small greenhouse.

And my orange mobile signal is giving zero bars at the moment.

I thought the phone was fecked but all 3 are the same.

I can get a signal if I stand on the wall at the bottom of the garden.

Which is interesting in a gale.

Comment

Working...
                      X