• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innit funny how ZeitMater has this idee fixe about ZeitPater coming home.

Despite the fact that he's in no condition to make it at all likely.

Ho hum.

Never mind, managed to watch last Sunday's Vera & Fargo.

I'm barely keeping up with this stuff now.

Comment

Night all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Night all.

Night

Comment

The PM is working late: just got a Jira email from a new bug report, asking that I change the heading on a dialog to "Password Changed".

Apparently the heading currently reads "Tidings of Great Joy"

This is what happens when nobody provides copy for the interactive components of a project. In future, I'm going to stick with typing "No Copy For This Yet" as that usually gets the responsible person rushing to my desk to provide copy before anybody else sees that they forgot to provide it; whereas if I just make stuff up, the same responsible people stick the resultant gibberish into bug reports so everybody can see it

Comment

And before anybody argues that I should be able to provide the heading for a password-reset-success dialog without being told what to do: on the last project, it took nearly two days of back-and-forth between ClientCo, the intermediary "digital agency", and the end client, to resolve the thorny questions raised when I pointed out that various places in the designs had "Sign up", "Sign Up", "Log in", "Log In", "Login", "Sign In", "Logout", "Log out", "Log Out", and "Sign Out".

They went for "Login", "Sign Up", and "Log Out" in the end, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              They went for "Login", "Sign Up", and "Log Out" in the end, IIRC.
              Obviously

Some places I've worked at have had style guidelines that cover all that sort of stuff. Of course, these guidelines don't usually appear until after the project is finished

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Obviously

Some places I've worked at have had style guidelines that cover all that sort of stuff. Of course, these guidelines don't usually appear until after the project is finished
                Indeed. I vaguely hope that my questions mean that they now have guidelines, but I know that in reality, the same questions will arise (if anybody asks them) the next time they rejig their site

Back in 1997 BT told me the stuff I was doing needed to work within their corporate design standards. These turned out to be a Word document specifying the Pantone colours for their logo (the piper) and some other stuff I forget, because it was intended for people operating printing presses or making TV commercials. Poor old BT hadn't really got its corporate head around the idea of Netscape Navigator 3 being the gateway to the world at that time

Comment

Morning all

Comment

I am meeting the twins at 10:45 at church.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I am meeting the twins at 10:45 at church.
                      Triplets shirley - Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

Comment

Working...
                      X