• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to debug some PIC assembler I wrote some 7 years ago.

It's not going too well.

Feck me, it's complicated.

Maybe it needs rewriting.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Byeeeee

Join IPSE

Comment

Home again

Turns out that driving 112 miles, spending a few hours on conference centre chairs, then driving 112 miles back again isn't the panacea for a still-in-recovery-mode back that one might have thought it would be

Comment

It's not going too well.

Maybe it needs burning.

FTFY

Comment

It's not going too well.

It's probably quicker and easier to rewrite it than decipher it after seven years

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In other news, one of the guys presenting just now is either a chap I used to work with at Yahoo, or has the same name as him. I was sat too far back in the hall to be sure which
                It was him

Wish I'd gone and said hello now, but I needed to find the free coffee

Comment

It's not going too well.

Some thoughts on Systems Programming (PDF): http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/...nightwatch.pdf
                  You might ask, “Why would someone write code in a grotesque language that exposes raw memory addresses? Why not use a modern language with garbage collection and functional programming and free massages after lunch?” Here’s the answer: Pointers are real. They’re what the hardware understands. Somebody has to deal with them. You can’t just place a LISP book on top of an x86 chip and hope that the hardware learns about lambda calculus by osmosis.

Comment

mudskipper is...

... pissed as a fart.

Comment

Feck, gotta walk home because Mr ms is watching the footie.

Comment

Working...
                      X