• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was included by somebody using FrontPage 97, or perhaps HoTMetaL Pro, and looks like this:

Code:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" src="http://cute-web-counter.net/count.cgi?uid=12345>
    (or some such...)

Comment

Code:
      cute-web-counter.net
      has long since been abandoned by the people who thought they could make a fortune out of providing web counters, and has been snapped up by devious criminals.

They use it to serve a piece of code which can embed nastiness in the long-abandoned page with the out-of-date information...

Comment

... or, more subtly, grab any cookies they can get their hands on, which they can then use to gain access to places they shouldn't and disseminate their evil Trojans, malware, spyware and general horrid things.

Comment

And that, dear entities, is the tale of how I got up in the middle of the night and found that I had been

Pwn3d

by the Armenian hordes and hadn't known anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            morning nickfitz. and your website is?
            Accessible via my profile, for those actually willing to take the risk after this sorry saga

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
                I have already done 27372, which is at least palindromic and therefore of some vague interest. Your contribution is trivial and unnecessary.

Comment

its interesting to me

Comment

Anyway NF - how are you?

Comment

Hiya All

Comment

Working...
                      X