• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    all except £1.58 that I can't find out where its gone and its annoying the OCD in me!
    Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Don't you just hate it when that happens?

I hate (it) when people leave out the 'it'.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but if your "PostgreSQL Tutorial" goes from "Installation" to telling the tutee to download and install a sample database which "is used throughout", how will the tutee learn how to create a new database?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Maybe I'm missing something, but if your "PostgreSQL Tutorial" goes from "Installation" to telling the tutee to download and install a sample database which "is used throughout", how will the tutee learn how to create a new database?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Afternoon!

Good game of Dino Horde and L4D2 - lasted until 3:00am!

Now tidying up the office, drinking espresso, munching on leftover Chinese, contemplating the tapas menu. Might go for a little walk.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              By reading the dBase II manual?

Comment

Off out on another drive this afternoon.

No doubt this one will involve the Afan Valley and The Bwlch again.

I may even venture over the top into the Rhondda if I'm brave enough to figure out how to get through Treorchy and up over the Rigos mountain.

Comment

By reading the dBase II manual?
                  Many years ago, I was sent on a training course covering WordStar, SuperCalc, and dBase III+.

I can still remember how to use WordStar, mainly because I used it as a programming editor for a couple of years. I've completely forgotten everything about SuperCalc and dBase

Comment

Off out on another drive this afternoon.

No doubt this one will involve the Afan Valley and The Bwlch again.

I may even venture over the top into the Rhondda if I'm brave enough to figure out how to get through Treorchy and up over the Rigos mountain.
                    Sound like fun

I'm avoiding the roads today, but I'm thinking of making a trip over to British Camp and the Malverns next week. I've been meaning to go there for years. I almost made it last year, but the clutch on the Orion went mad as I was coming into Great Malvern. I had to drive back with the clutch pedal kept halfway up in a very precise range of about a quarter of an inch, otherwise I lost drive. My left ankle was a bit stiff after that

Maybe we'll make it this time

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Watching a most depressing documentary about death row.

There's some very odd Americans.
                      We watched that too, made me feel odd. Could feel sympathy for the victims but the death penalty just felt wrong.
                      Beer
                      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X