• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well well well, it emerges into the light.

Male university workers sue over alleged sex discrimination | World news | The Guardian

Nice to see the incompetence of the late & unlamented dissector of human remains revealed for all to see.

g

Shadenfreude++

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Neither am I really; I'm invoicing though.
      I had enough, after people stressing over nowt this week and with Mr N at work, I fancied a break.

Could have "worked from home", but seriously couldn't be ar$ed!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So back to my important dilemma, American pancakes or heuvos rancheros?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Order in at the butchers, pick up tomorrow.

So will be cooking leg of lamb on the egg along with some ribs.

Also curing some ribs ( Irish style) and also will cure some belly with the aim of smoking it on Monday. With the vac pack you can cure the bacon quicker.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Order in at the butchers, pick up tomorrow.

So will be cooking leg of lamb on the egg along with some ribs.

Also curing some ribs ( Irish style) and also will cure some belly with the aim of smoking it on Monday. With the vac pack you can cure the bacon quicker.
            These guys are moving to our village this year;

Slagerij van Broekhuizen

Good butchers who understand meat and have their own bunker for riping the carcasses, and an absolutely brilliant sausage and ham maker who trains norcini in Italy where he's recognised as a top guy in the trade; if a foreign sausage maker in Italy gets that kind of respect then he's doing something right.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I get my meat from these guys, apparently he's building a cabinet so he can age the meat.

They also find it odd I order whole pieces of pork belly and don't ask for them to be cut up, as well as ordering large chunks of rundlap to mince myself.

I normally go in with Mr N in tow and he sits at the back whilst I order and you always get a piece of worst when you pay. Last week I went in sans Mr N and they still gave me two pieces of worst and put one in a bag to take home for Mr N.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So back to my important dilemma, American pancakes or heuvos rancheros?
                Pancakes for breakfast, Heuvos for lunch sorted

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They also find it odd I order whole pieces of pork belly and don't ask for them to be cut up, as well as ordering large chunks of rundlap to mince myself.
                  Clogland's food culture has become primarily about convenience, probably under the terror of the supermarkets; people just don´t seem to get it when I ask for my bread whole and unsliced, and if I explain that it keeps a better taste and stays fresh for longer they just say 'oh ja but it's so difficult to cut evenly sized slices'. It amazes me; since when have 'evenly sized slices' mattered more than taste?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice lie-in this morning, which seems to have done my back some good - it's been playing up since yesterday morning

Lovely sunny day out there I thought about going somewhere nice for a country walk, but of course all the nearby places will be full of the peasantry on Good Friday. So I'll probably just do the washing and maybe go to Sainsbury's

Comment

Pay day at MyCo so updating my various banking spreadsheets, 5 different bank accounts detailed to the penny, all balances, purches and credits accounted for and logged..... all except £1.58 that I can't find out where its gone and its annoying the OCD in me!
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X