• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the placeholder saga is now laid to rest: after more emails from confused customers were forwarded to us by EndClientCo, I gave in and added a couple of lines of JavaScript that remove the placeholder when the field gets focus, and restore it when it loses it

I think that's the first time I've done a quick fix to make Safari, Chrome, and Firefox all behave more like Internet Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Guess who's started posting in the Counting thread

Care to share your theory?
      How was the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Off to collect the ZeitFiat.

£304.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hopefully the placeholder saga is now laid to rest: after more emails from confused customers were forwarded to us by EndClientCo, I gave in and added a couple of lines of JavaScript that remove the placeholder when the field gets focus, and restore it when it loses it

I think that's the first time I've done a quick fix to make Safari, Chrome, and Firefox all behave more like Internet Explorer
          Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Just wait until you have to add the IE6 functionality.

Comment

£304.

Ouch

Comment

Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Just wait until you have to add the IE6 functionality.

Luckily, ClientCo's contracts with their EndClientCos now stipulate nothing earlier than IE8

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Ouch
                  Worth it if I get another year out of it.

I doubt it will pass next year.

Comment

Sad news about Sue Townsend

I met her briefly at a mutual friend's funeral about sixteen years ago.

The character of Adrian Mole was originally called Nigel Mole: she changed the name to avoid confusion with Nigel Molesworth, but the first published pieces of the diary were still in the name of Nigel Mole. They were published in a local arts magazine (called "magazine") in October and November 1980, and I read it after picking up a copy at Freshers Fair at the Uni, having just started there; I think I picked up the second issue in the Union shop.

Wonder if I've still got them. Probably not.

magazine folded after those two issues. A couple of years later the Adrian Mole book came out and the rest, as they say, is history.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X