• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered what doesn't happen when you haven't used a bath for n months.

Basically the taps don't work any more.

And horrid brown gunk comes out of the hot tap*.

*Eventually, once it remembers what it's supposed to do when you turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Just discovered what doesn't happen when you haven't used a bath for n months.

Basically the taps don't work any more.

And horrid brown gunk comes out of the hot tap*.

*Eventually, once it remembers what it's supposed to do when you turn it on.
      Join IPSE

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Comment

Morning all.

Just in time.

Comment

Well there we are.

Sunday lunch nearly ready.

Vac done over the carpets of two houses.

Bit of dusting done.

Vac ate the contents of a box of tissues before I could stop it, then distributed said tissues here there & everywhere.

Ho hum.

Sweeps as it beats as it cleans.

Comment

And a mere 38 minutes later lunch has been consumed.

Back in the day, prior to ZeitPater's hospital admission, I'd have been in the middle of cooking it all.

Nowadays lunch is getting earlier & earlier.

We'll have it for breakfast eventually.

Comment

I've also discovered that horseradish sauce spices up & enlivens stuff I'm totally Fed Up Now with eating.

Such as brussel sprouts.

And parsnip.

Both of which are anathema to me, but ZeitMater likes them.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Actually, if you put enough black pepper in the parsnips whilst mashing the feckers, it takes the taste away too.

One can appreciate why pepper was worth its weight in gold back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X