• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S.

Bored.

Now.

But it'll be

Byeeeeee

shortly.

Comment

Well, that's another disastrous Cheltenham Festival over

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Well, that's another disastrous Cheltenham Festival over
        I never placed a single bet this festival. First time in ages.

Comment

Two ibuprofen taken. Time to take to the 5 a side pitch

Might see you tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Two ibuprofen taken. Time to take to the 5 a side pitch

Might see you tomorrow
            Remember, keep as far away from the ball as you can and the other side will leave you alone

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Watching Inspector Morse. Got distracted by spotting an Amstrad PCW8256 on the desk of an academic.

(The academic is played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, of blessed memory.)

Comment

Now the end credits are telling me he spelt his name Roger Lloyd Pack, no hyphen

Sorry, Trigger

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Now the end credits are telling me he spelt his name Roger Lloyd Pack, no hyphen

Sorry, Trigger
                    Not necessarily. Actors often get credited as all sorts of weird and wonderful versions of their name, especially if it's early in their career. Sometimes it's because the actor changes his mind (eg. Laurence/Larry Fishburne), sometimes it's because the filmmakers don't give a tulip about a minor actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Not necessarily. Actors often get credited as all sorts of weird and wonderful versions of their name, especially if it's early in their career. Sometimes it's because the actor changes his mind (eg. Laurence/Larry Fishburne), sometimes it's because the filmmakers don't give a tulip about a minor actor.
                      Wikipedia has him hyphenated, and is NEVER EVER wrong.

But the BBC's obituary has him unhyphenated, and the BBC is also NEVER EVER wrong.

IMDB also has him unhyphenated.

As the BBC paid for his services on numerous occasions and thus saw what he called himself on invoices, and IMDB is fuelled by obsessive geeks, I'm going with unhyphenated

I've also discovered from Wikipedia that he had a role in The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover. I saw that in the cinema, and have it on DVD, but the DVD is still in its wrapper. I'll watch it soon and see if he's unhyphenated there.

I'll also check to see if the omission of the Oxford comma in the title is Peter Greenaway's fault, or just Wikipedia again

Comment

Working...
                      X