• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly there

Quite appropriately, I have been working on a countdown timer this afternoon. Time for it to countdown to home time

Comment

I've thrown away the pimp stick, foot is much better after the cycle ride - only 12 miles today. Came back to a Friday afternoon email of much digging about in a database not really understanding what was going on type thing. Fortunately a wise jedi code master was there to save my day!

Laptop shutdown, now opened a bottle of prosecco... awaiting the imminent arrival of GF#1 - bubbletastic!

hyperMogs on Whiskers Combat Air Patrol.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Dilemma.

No alcohol in the house (by design)
        Have been invited to the pub, but involves train journey there and back + walk to/from station both ends.

Really fancy a beer, but feeling knackered.

What to do...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Dilemma.

Have been invited to the pub, but involves train journey there and back + walk to/from station both ends.

What to do...
          Phone Mr MS and tell him to bring a bottle...
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Dilemma.

What to do...
            Debate the pros and cons over a pint

Comment

The only permie dev who's a key holder wanted to leave (it's a small company), so I got out of ClientCo before sunset!

It was only about five minutes before I was going to leave anyway, but still

Comment

Now trying to decide whether to go to the pub tonight. I may follow my own advice above and go to the pub to ponder the question.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  We can but hope for the best
                  After the last hour and a half of non stop complaining, a.k.a. "visiting time", I'm perfectly willing to hope for the worst.

Comment

I've just opened a nice bottle of Old Peculier.

It's very nice.

And it's the only one I've got.

I've got a couple of cans & bottles of Courage Directors, but it gave me raging indigestion the last time I drank some.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I've just opened a nice bottle of Old Peculier.

It's very nice.

And it's the only one I've got.

I've got a couple of cans & bottles of Courage Directors, but it gave me raging indigestion the last time I drank some.
                      Greene King IPA Reserve here - like IPA but with a bit more of a kick

After much hemming and hawing, I decided not to go to the pub tonight. It would put paid to any hope of getting up at a reasonable time tomorrow and doing stuff, and I could probably do with an early night anyway. Or at least a normal night with a decent lie-in in the morning, rather than all this going-to-work nonsense that seems to occupy so much of the time I'd rather devote to other matters

Comment

Working...
                      X