• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I haven't yet found my glasses, they're still in a bag or box somewhere.
    There's a tulipload of stuff I can't find since the move.

My life consists of traipsing around looking in cardboard boxes looking for it all.

Comment

Decided to do a Nigel Slater favourite for tea this evening, baked camembert.

I've added some roasted garlic to it to infuse for a few hours. Normally I'll douse it with a vintage cider before sticking it in the oven, but its now peeing it down and I cannot be ar$ed.

Noilly prat it is then!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        There's a tulipload of stuff I can't find since the move.

My life consists of traipsing around looking in cardboard boxes looking for it all.
        I'm still trying to find the motivation to go through boxes from when I moved.

I moved ten years ago this June

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

We're finally getting to unpack boxes that have been sitting in attics or garages for years. As we've found a lot of it is fecked or mouldy or got packed by movers when it should have been thrown out.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I found some stuff from the last move 8 years ago, then it got packed up & lost again.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            We're finally getting to unpack boxes that have been sitting in attics or garages for years. As we've found a lot of it is fecked or mouldy or got packed by movers when it should have been thrown out.
            Paper rec is your friend.

Bin bags are your friend.

Comment

WHS. 15.5 years in.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to read any of those PC mags from the 1990s.

I think paper rec is going to have a feast shortly.

My 45 years worth of wireless world are sacrosanct though.

Comment

I found some stuff from the last move 8 years ago, then it got packed up & lost again.

Paper rec is your friend.

Bin bags are your friend.
                  I know, Paper rec over here requires having to go somewhere to recycle stuff, the local council don't take it like they do in the UK.

Looks like the local school are in for a paper rec bonanza, apparently they collect it and get dosh.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I drive my stuff down to the skips in the carpark rather than having the bin menpersons collect it for me.

It's largely coz I'm too stupid to understand which of the many bags & bins is the correct one to put it all in.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 13 February 2014, 16:19.

Comment

I drive my stuff down to the skips in the carpark rather than having the bin menpersons collect it for me.

It's large coz I'm too stupid to understand which of the many bags & bins is the correct one to put it all in.
                      We don't have a car any more

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X