• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Isn't the max density of water at 4 deg C?

I still remember writing "The anomalous expansion of water" as a heading in my skool Physics book. It was the first time I'd come across the word (Anomalous, not water...)

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      Is your kitchen sorted now? Have they repaired the work surface?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
        WNS. Well more zzzzzz than <--- but both are valid.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning!

Little bit icy on the roads this morning. Took it very easy on the Ninja but had frostbite in the fingers.

Looking forward to the leftover rack of ribs for lunch today from my fast food extravaganza this weekend.

Not bored now.

How did the cooking go DaveB?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Pond shrouded in ethereal mist this morning.

And noob forgot his trousers. I think we should make him sit there in his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Is your kitchen sorted now? Have they repaired the work surface?
              Nope, Friday now.

Hopefully the fecking hob and extractor will have turned up then so they can install those as well.

I'll be glad when this is over.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I also have the pleasure of having to send a list of unsatisfactory work to the ''electrician'' who prepped the kitchen.

I found out he went to the shop of the guy who is doing the renovations for us and started a row in his shop, not to mention ringing our electrician and having a row with him as well.

Needless to say a terse e-mail will be heading his way with a request for a discount.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bored

Now

I'm too tired & stressed to be

Bored.

Now.

I'm opting for ennui instead.

Makes a change.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Pond shrouded in ethereal mist this morning.
                    Lots of ethereal myst this morning.

The most ethereal of ethereal mysts I've ever seen was a pillar of ethereal myst rising from a lake on a cold morning.

It rose to about 300 feet & hit some sort of inversion layer which then made it go sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I'm too tired & stressed to be

Bored.

Now.

I'm opting for ennui instead.

Makes a change.
                      Found out the NorMater is in intensive care now, "blood infection" following an op for kidney stones.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X