• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last, after many attempts, I have finally cracked it and baked a loaf of bread that was actually edible and would not get me arrest for possession of an offensive weapon if I took it on picnic.

Happy now
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Bleedin' 'eck - just found our first mortgage offer letter from 1990 - Yearly interest rate 15.4%

Strangely enough I was getting rid of a load of old documents from years ago and found that I was paying 6.09% interest in 2007 before interest rates went downhill and reached .5% now.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

And I leave the 22k in the counting thread for eek.....

Comment

I just walked 6 miles in 1.5 hours.

So total today 1.5 hours swimming and 2.5 hours walking.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I just walked 6 miles in 1.5 hours.

So total today 1.5 hours swimming and 2.5 hours walking.
            typo?

How is the knee? All good?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Bleedin' 'eck - just found our first mortgage offer letter from 1990 - Yearly interest rate 15.4%
              Didn't it go even higher a couple of years later?

For about a day the bank rate was 15% or so before we left the ERM or whatever that thing was called.

Comment

Looks like bed for me

Comment

Me too.

Byeee

Another interesting evening debating the possible imminent exit of ZeitPater with ZeitMater.

Ever so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Didn't it go even higher a couple of years later?

For about a day the bank rate was 15% or so before we left the ERM or whatever that thing was called.
                    Yes, I remember that.

Looks like 15.4 was the peak - IIRC we were paying £775 / month interest only on a £63K morgage.

22 Years since Mortgages Peaked at 15.4% - cost of living in 1990 vs. 2012 - Personal Finance Newsroom | HSBC Bank UK

Comment

Morning
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X