• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Morning!

Lovely day today. Has a noisy sporty motorbike following me this morning. I may have disappointed him by not going fast enough for him on the twisties. Fortunately he overtook me fairly quickly. I think I am biking well within the limits i.e. pedestrianly

Sore throat starting - bloody infectious permies. Fortunately armed with a nice bottle of Caribbean casked Belvennie to fend off the nasties.
    Oooh, Balvenie Caribbean cask, nice one.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Oooh, Balvenie Caribbean cask, nice one.
      Too nice norrahe! I've been drinking the throaty voodoo medicine when I haven't actually been unwell!

Was a birthday present so I don't feel too bad drinking it. Won't last long sadly.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Too nice norrahe! I've been drinking the throaty voodoo medicine when I haven't actually been unwell!

Was a birthday present so I don't feel too bad drinking it. Won't last long sadly.
        I know, it's too easy drinking!

Ours disappeared in no time.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My brothers are ignoring the fact my mother is getting worse by the day dementia wise.
              The alternative to ignoring it is probably too horrible to contemplate.

My mother is very forgetful and gets very confused. She's had two 'memory tests' which she scored full marks on. Ironically, when we went for the second, she had no recollection of having done the first. I don't know at what point you decide that they can no longer cope on their own - especially as it's so variable - if she's under the weather she can't cope, but most of the time she can. And when you/they decide they can't live alone, you've then got to decide what to do with them - going from independent living to a home sounds like a step too far.

Comment

Hmmm, just been informed at permieco that they are moving yet another one of my projects to someone else.

Am kinda hoping it's the precursor to getting the boot, as they'll have to give me considerable notice (also kinda hoping they'll just pay me off, rather than making me suffer any longer here).

Slight ray of light in my life atm, been put forward for a gig, but not holding my breath due to the fact this stupid notice period is putting people off.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am kinda hoping it's the precursor to getting the boot, as they'll have to give me considerable notice (also kinda hoping they'll just pay me off, rather than making me suffer any longer here).

Best possible way to return to contracting if that happens.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    The alternative to ignoring it is probably too horrible to contemplate.

My mother is very forgetful and gets very confused. She's had two 'memory tests' which she scored full marks on. Ironically, when we went for the second, she had no recollection of having done the first. I don't know at what point you decide that they can no longer cope on their own - especially as it's so variable - if she's under the weather she can't cope, but most of the time she can. And when you/they decide they can't live alone, you've then got to decide what to do with them - going from independent living to a home sounds like a step too far.
                    It's not easy.

GMIL went from living on her own independently, to living at home with daily care visits (3 a day) to moving into a care home. The last step precipitated by a fall and hospital stay that showed up just how bad her dementia really was.

The thing with dementia, at least with GMIL, is that if you don't know the person really well or see them on a regular basis you would never know there was anything wrong until it is very far advanced. They can hold a perfectly rational conversation with you, their carers, their neighbours or friends that are based completely on fantasy. Unless you know it's fantasy you would never catch on. GMIL used to refer to a friend visiting on a regular basis or going to visit them but it wasn't until we asked another of her friends about it who happened to pop round while we were visiting that we found out they had been dead for years.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Best possible way to return to contracting if that happens.
                      Would be nice.

I'd rather be put out of my misery sooner rather than later.

Couple of the managers don't like me as things I've done ( correctly) have highlighted how crap they are.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X