• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Morning
      morning
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all.

I let the train take the strain this morning, guys & gals.

Yesterday it was Clunk Click Every Trip.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Hope it goes ok.
          As well as might be expected.

ZeitSis and I communicated the wish that no heroic action be taken if the ?worst? comes to the worst.

Paliative care & that's that.

Though ZeitPater seemed a little brighter last evening, despite ZeitMater's demented efforts.

Feck me, this stuff is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            As well as might be expected.

ZeitSis and I communicated the wish that no heroic action be taken if the ?worst? comes to the worst.

Paliative care & that's that.

Though ZeitPater seemed a little brighter last evening, despite ZeitMater's demented efforts.

Feck me, this stuff is difficult.

Are the nurses any good? It makes a big difference (says the man whose GF is a psychogeriatric nurse).

I don't want to imagine what you're going through, especially seeing as I see the Testermater slipping backwards into what I suspect is Burgundy related dementia syndrome. I have to talk to her in short sentences because she forgets what I'm talking about after a few seconds and then goes off on on her own tangent, but continually says it's because her left ear's deaf and she doesn't hear everything. Not very pleasant; only three years ago she was a professor, now she seems incapable of holding a conversation about anything more complicated than the weather. Trouble is, Lady Tester knows too much about the onset of dementia and sees a lot of the signs. Scares the tulip out of me TBH. I guess a lot of us will have to deal with parents 'losing it' in the end.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Just been doing my expenses for the last few months. At one point I started using TPD to see if I could see why I was missing a receipt. Turns out it was the 28th October when we had that big storm.

I knew this place was good for something
              Indeed.

After all, "Fed Up Now" is a record of AGW in Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                If trends continue as they are, we will hit 100,000 posts in TPD on the 19/12/2019
                I'll be retired by then.

Or dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Are the nurses any good? It makes a big difference (says the man whose GF is a psychogeriatric nurse).

I don't want to imagine what you're going through, especially seeing as I see the Testermater slipping backwards into what I suspect is Burgundy related dementia syndrome. I have to talk to her in short sentences because she forgets what I'm talking about after a few seconds and then goes off on on her own tangent, but continually says it's because her left ear's deaf and she doesn't hear everything. Not very pleasant; only three years ago she was a professor, now she seems incapable of holding a conversation about anything more complicated than the weather. Trouble is, Lady Tester knows too much about the onset of dementia and sees a lot of the signs. Scares the tulip out of me TBH. I guess a lot of us will have to deal with parents 'losing it' in the end.
                  Yes it is frightening.

There is a theory that the more gifted amongst us are better at holding off the symptoms until a critical point is passed.

Comment

Morning!

Lovely day today. Has a noisy sporty motorbike following me this morning. I may have disappointed him by not going fast enough for him on the twisties. Fortunately he overtook me fairly quickly. I think I am biking well within the limits i.e. pedestrianly

Sore throat starting - bloody infectious permies. Fortunately armed with a nice bottle of Caribbean casked Belvennie to fend off the nasties.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

My brothers are ignoring the fact my mother is getting worse by the day dementia wise.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X