• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I got :

Keith Floyd? Who was he then?

Not bad, I bought myself the Yamazaki 18 year old as a b'day present. Most disappointing, the 12 year old is far better.

How is the Kenwood machine, they are supposed to be pretty good, I've had my trusty kitchen aid going on 9 years now.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Not bad, I bought myself the Yamazaki 18 year old as a b'day present. Most disappointing, the 12 year old is far better.

How is the Kenwood machine, they are supposed to be pretty good, I've had my trusty kitchen aid going on 9 years now.
        Not really had a chance to play with it yet but I have plans...

The Yamazaki is very good, the Pulteney is also good and one I'd never tried before. The Rumbullion was a bit disappointing. Promised a lot but let down by overpowering spice. Was a present from Son who got seduced by the marketing.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Also just ordered one of these as a prezzie to myself.

Pick and fitting next week
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Also just ordered one of these as a prezzie to myself.

Pick and fitting next week
            Ooooooooh very nice!

I think I'd prefer one with pedals though.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Damn.

Thought I'd got out of 'orspital visiting tonight, but no luck.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Ooooooooh very nice!

I think I'd prefer one with pedals though.
                That's sooooo conventional.

Comment

Not really had a chance to play with it yet but I have plans...

The Yamazaki is very good, the Pulteney is also good and one I'd never tried before. The Rumbullion was a bit disappointing. Promised a lot but let down by overpowering spice. Was a present from Son who got seduced by the marketing.
                  Old Pulteney is really nice, bought MrN a 21 year old a few years ago for his b'day.

Managed to get some 28 day aged cote de boeuf in the butchers today, not as old as I'd like it aged but its rare you see aged beef here.

Tomorrow will be hawksmoor day chez Nor. Triple cooked chips, stock baked mushrooms, creamed spinach and bearnaise sauce. I have a choice malbec to go with the steak and of course a bearnaise sauce.

We're also going to go with Hawksmoor cocktails and having perused the list online, I see they've taken the negroni off. MrN says if it's not on the list I can't have it, I say I used to have it there, so I'm having one!
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nearly time to bugger off to the 'orspital.

I'm getting a tad fed up with this now.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Nearly time to bugger off to the 'orspital.

I'm getting a tad fed up with this now.

Ho hum.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X