• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Afternoon all

Congrats on the house Norrahe, when's the house warming?

Just back from a trip to see friends down south. Much beer and food and pissing about

Cat seems pleased we are home again. Time for a
      Ta!

Not sure yet, aiming to complete by 1 Jan and then we have some work to do on the house(not much) and hopefully moving in not long after that date.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning
        Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

I've unstuck the door.

It'll need some planing and a new lock before it's easy to open.

Shouldn't take more that 6 months before that's done.

Comment

Can I go back to bed please?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

Another Monday
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning!

Getting colder - was 15°C in the office so I had to close the door. Fortunately, it's now a balmy 19 °C. Still in T-shirt - no heating on.

Studying more JS.

Amused myself this weekend by moving out damp cardboard boxes of GF#1's stuff from her leaking garage to her house, only to see her bastard of a landlord tie a bit of plastic sheet over the moss-encrusted garage white asbestos roof with blue string.

White asbestos? I know brown is banned but white? Don't think I'll be hanging around the garage there from now on.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As long as it's not blue, you should be ok.

I think it's all banned now.

But the white stuff is the least offensive.

If you leave it alone.

<Zeity in "feck, I remember putting that asbestos sheet roof on the carport back in the 80s." mode>

Oh crap:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2002/e02010.htm
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 14 October 2013, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Morning!

Getting colder - was 15°C in the office so I had to close the door. Fortunately, it's now a balmy 19 °C. Still in T-shirt - no heating on.

Studying more JS.

Amused myself this weekend by moving out damp cardboard boxes of GF#1's stuff from her leaking garage to her house, only to see her bastard of a landlord tie a bit of plastic sheet over the moss-encrusted garage white asbestos roof with blue string.

White asbestos? I know brown is banned but white? Don't think I'll be hanging around the garage there from now on.
                      We've found out there might be asbestos at our new gaff, getting a survey done this week, so will ask them to look into it.

How's the job search going?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X