• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Surely you don't let your personal IT preferences get in the way of an escape route.....

Especially as if everyone has been told about the problems they may be far worse than you believe they are
    If they supply that pile of crap for me to work with then it's not the type of place I want to work.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Surely you don't let your personal IT preferences get in the way of an escape route.....

Especially as if everyone has been told about the problems they may be far worse than you believe they are
      I know they are worse than they make it out to be.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I know they are worse than they make it out to be.
        That wasn't what I said. Chances are they are worse than you think they are
        Last edited by eek; 2 October 2013, 07:24.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How's you?
          all good thanks - apart from a minor broken'ish toe sustained at football couple weeks ago and I've continued playing.

I'm running low on tape for binding my toes together. Looks like another visit to the local tesco.

Hows you ?

Comment

Looking at gigs this morning and saw one that seemed interesting until I read the line that said, imac, iphone and ipad provided.

Needless to say I didn't apply for that one.
            Argh go on, resistance is futile

Comment

If they supply that pile of crap for me to work with then it's not the type of place I want to work.
              It's a contract, not permiedoom; just go, use their applestuff and send them invoices.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                It's a contract, not permiedoom; just go, use their applestuff and send them invoices.
                It's a permie gig.

With this stupid notice period I can't go for contract stuff, people aint interested if you have a lengthy notice period.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Argh go on, resistance is futile
                  It's bad enough having a vilephone here at currentco, I may be able to swap it for a crackberry.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    all good thanks - apart from a minor broken'ish toe sustained at football couple weeks ago and I've continued playing.

I'm running low on tape for binding my toes together. Looks like another visit to the local tesco.

Hows you ?
                    Ouch!

I'm good nicely rested after my weekend in Bruges

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ouch!

I'm good nicely rested after my weekend in Bruges
                      I hate to be a patronising git, but if you stop going off to Brugge for expensive weekends you can build up a warchest and go contracting again.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X