• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    There are other ones in the series. None improve on second viewing.

Not sure what else to recommend. The DVD sets of Thomas used to be cheap
    The Lone Ranger.

Can't be beaten.

Who else could possibly keep his hat on during a fist fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Morning

Last day today.
      How little notice? Did you have zero notice, or have they let you leave?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I think it's worked tough; has Brillo gone for walk?
        Well, gone for a hop, anyway.

Pieces of 8, Pieces of 8.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          How little notice? Did you have zero notice, or have they let you leave?
          5 days notice as I was in "probationary" period.
          Email was sent on Tuesday evening. 3 days this week then as its bank holiday on monday they paid me for tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Well, gone for a hop, anyway.

Pieces of 8, Pieces of 8.

Oi! Stop making fun of Peg-leg

Comment

Email was sent on Tuesday evening. 3 days this week then as its bank holiday on monday they paid me for tuesday
              Stylish!

Welcome back to the world!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I once quit a permie job on the last day of my probationary period so that my notice period was 0 days

They were especially pleased

Comment

You keep giving the impression you might actually be a very temporary 'permie' à la MTT.
                  Depends on which project I'm dealing with, one is easy, I could do it in my sleep, the other is easy, but the end client is a demanding mare and the on site team is led by a headless chicken.

They've given me their two biggest clients to manage ( which are no. 2 and 3 biggest companies in the world in their given industry)

Only reason I'm doing this is for the exposure into an industry I wouldn't normally have got, also there is no way I'd get a mortgage in the current market as a contractor. There's also the fact that I'd end up going back to the UK to get work as there's nowt here.

I'm just taking a holiday from contracting for a while till things settle down ( and I'm fluent in cloggy).
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Right, I'm off.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Right, I'm off.
                      I wondered what that smell was.....

Comment

Working...
                      X