• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    News of my impending departure is starting to spread
    I must have missed the transition to permie, I thought you were still with Scrag?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I must have missed the transition to permie, I thought you were still with Scrag?!
      I'm not permie at the moment, that Perl gig was a few years back. I am still at same client as Scrag.

Comment

Fair enough, so why are you going?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

News of my impending departure is starting to spread
          News about my departure will be viral tomorrow morning

Comment

I went into a meeting with the PM and Operations Manager ready to read the riot act due to them cocking up communications over my holiday, came out with an even longer contract extension, although still not a signed one

Comment

Fair enough, so why are you going?
              Time for a change. My rationale for putting up with things being done badly - "I'm a contractor, I'm here to do my stuff properly and leave, I don't care what everyone else does" - only holds true for so long. It's been 18 months now and it's getting worse, not better. Some of the permies they've hired are appalling, really inexperienced. It's obvious they're trying to save money, most development is offshored and the quality there is terrible too. I'm their most senior developer so almost everything has to come through me because the others aren't capable of doing it without someone pointing them in the right direction. I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying "How the f*** do you not know this?".

Anyway, rant over. Short version - I've had enough.

Comment

Time for a change. My rationale for putting up with things being done badly - "I'm a contractor, I'm here to do my stuff properly and leave, I don't care what everyone else does" - only holds true for so long. It's been 18 months now and it's getting worse, not better. Some of the permies they've hired are appalling, really inexperienced. It's obvious they're trying to save money, most development is offshored and the quality there is terrible too. I'm their most senior developer so almost everything has to come through me because the others aren't capable of doing it without someone pointing them in the right direction. I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying "How the f*** do you not know this?".

Anyway, rant over. Short version - I've had enough.
                Do you know anything about Dynamics CRM?

Comment

Do you know anything about Dynamics CRM?
                  Not a thing. Although that would qualify me to work on it here

Comment

The other thing is I'm sick of the bureaucracy and red tape in banking. I want to work with some cool stuff again but it takes so long for stuff to go through internal security testing that projects get canned because they'll take to long to get signed off. I used to work at places where someone would say, "Oh look, new version of jQuery is out. Lets whack it up on UAT and get Testing to do a healthcheck."

Here it would take months, possibly years to do the same thing with countless departments having their say, mostly to justify their existence.

Comment

Not a thing. Although that would qualify me to work on it here
                      You will fit in well here then too

Comment

Working...
                      X