• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Not really a concern for us - we won't support sites for clients who aren't up-to-date with their security patches, so if they're all forced to upgrade to v3 then so be it.
    Sensible. Sadly ClientCorp doesn't have that option, although as Apple are pretty much forcing v3 out to people, it shouldn't be long before QA catch up and we can add it to the A grade list.

Same mode of thought that dispensed with testing in IE5.2 as it's unsupported, and to hell in a handbasket with Opera and Netscape.
    Agreed on IE/Mac and Netscape, but Opera 9 (latest version) is easy to support (assuming you're working to the standards as much as possible). Every time I test stuff in it, it Just Works. Most of my fixin' time at the moment involves straightening out Safari 2 and IE/Win 6 & (to a very slightly lesser extent) 7.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Indded, but I've been "seeing" other fora.

Just posted a new thread in LR

I'm sorry I have to tell you like that...
      That's OK, as long as you come straight here and tell us about it, thereby bumping TPD back to its rightful place above your new thread

Comment

Oh dear... http://snopes.com/weddings/embarrass/bothered.asp

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          but Opera 9 (latest version) is easy to support (assuming you're working to the standards as much as possible). Every time I test stuff in it, it Just Works.
          I make sure things fit together aesthetically & functionally in Safari and FF, but in Opera it would just be functional - if the developers have done a clean job then things should translate to Opera, but I don't lose any sleep over it as it's not the retail market, and the stats show we only had 2 visitors to the server using Opera last month, as opposed to thousands using FF.

Comment

Less geek talk.... more drivel in here please boys.....
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Crikey - they're all nuts in General
              Specifally nuts in General?
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

'Tis a silly place..
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Less geek talk.... more drivel in here please boys.....
                  "Can you guys take this offline..."

Comment

Mmmmmmm.....

Real coffee...

Comment

I'm back from my meeting but I don't see any requests for tickets for my big showing on Sunday..
                      Roll up, roll up - get you tickets here

Comment

Working...
                      X