• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 days to completion.

Surveyor hasn't been round yet because they haven't been able to arrange a time. Chased the mortgage broker - surveyor is waiting to hear from the auction house. Chased the auction house - we spoke to the vendor and they said that they would arrange it with the surveyor directly. But this hasn't happened yet.

Starting to head towards squeaky bum time.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      17 days to completion.

Surveyor hasn't been round yet because they haven't been able to arrange a time. Chased the mortgage broker - surveyor is waiting to hear from the auction house. Chased the auction house - we spoke to the vendor and they said that they would arrange it with the surveyor directly. But this hasn't happened yet.

Starting to head towards squeaky bum time.
      Everyone seems to be dealing with houses atm.

Hoping to put an offer on a house this week, one we're both really keen on.

Before this one came on the market, we had put an offer on another which was 30 seconds walk from ours and the same outlay, that went nowhere and the sellers were unwilling to negotiate. Cue 3 weeks later and the sellers contact me directly saying they've found a house elsewhere (they're relocating to the US) and need to move quickly, so want to know if we're still interested. Mr N and I ignore said e-mail. Cue last night and sellers turn up on our doorstep (we're neighboursish, but how they got the house number was beyond me, methinks ringing on all our other neighbours doors, till they found the right house) asking if we got their e-mail, our response was ''we're considering our options''.

Seriously want this good house to go through. Don't have a meeting till Thursday with our financial advisor and estate agent.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Everyone seems to be dealing with houses atm.

Hoping to put an offer on a house this week, one we're both really keen on.

Before this one came on the market, we had put an offer on another which was 30 seconds walk from ours and the same outlay, that went nowhere and the sellers were unwilling to negotiate. Cue 3 weeks later and the sellers contact me directly saying they've found a house elsewhere (they're relocating to the US) and need to move quickly, so want to know if we're still interested. Mr N and I ignore said e-mail. Cue last night and sellers turn up on our doorstep (we're neighboursish, but how they got the house number was beyond me, methinks ringing on all our other neighbours doors, till they found the right house) asking if we got their e-mail, our response was ''we're considering our options''.

Seriously want this good house to go through. Don't have a meeting till Thursday with our financial advisor and estate agent.
        We're looking around too, especially between Deventer/Zutphen and Arnhem, seeing as it makes a big difference on commuting to Brabant. Going to see this at the weekend;

Huis te koop: Deventerweg 26 7213 EH Gorssel - Foto's [funda]
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Whats up my brother from another mother?
          Just the usual. Surrounded by muppets

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Just the usual. Surrounded by muppets

s at simon
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And now I've been invited to a big team meeting. Joy

Comment

Meeting in 20 minutes. Somebody's going to tell me how I'm going to approach testing his system. That'll be scintillating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  We're looking around too, especially between Deventer/Zutphen and Arnhem, seeing as it makes a big difference on commuting to Brabant. Going to see this at the weekend;

Huis te koop: Deventerweg 26 7213 EH Gorssel - Foto's [funda]
                  Yours is a bit more countrified than the one we're looking at, but at the moment we really like where we are as it's just outside Leiden and near parks and a recreational lake.

http://www.funda.nl/koop/leiden/huis...staarthoek-14/
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Yours is a bit more countrified than the one we're looking at, but at the moment we really like where we are as it's just outside Leiden and near parks and a recreational lake.

Huis te koop: Kwikstaarthoek 14 2317 WV Leiden [funda]
                    That's quite cool on the inside.

Comment

Testing have managed to balls something up yet again. I shrugged and told clientco manager, "I don't know what they're doing". Then under my breath muttered, "Mind you, neither do they". I don't think he was impressed

Comment

Working...
                      X