• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Here we is again.

Until the end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      10 M$ updates to install.
      They appear to have installed.

I went home & left them to it.

Didn't catch fire overnight, which is a slight disappointment.

Comment

Morning

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Morning

Morning

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Didn't sleep last night; had a migraine. Now I'm just knackered. Might go home before lunch.

Comment

Bummer.

My commiserations.

Comment

Morning.

This morning I look remarkably elegant. I've got heels on, a smart pencil skirt, my hair's not its usual mess and I've even put on a bit of lippy.

I caught my reflection in the window whilst descending the stairs at ClientCo and marvelled at how business-like I was looking. But I did have to wonder how many other elegant ladies were farting with every step they took.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Bummer.

My commiserations.
                  Tanks.
                  I'd forgotten to pak my triptan (Maxalt) and spent the night just lying in bed feeling tulip and not sleeping, left side of my head freezing cold and that throbbing pain, so I got up to find an early chemist on the internet, of course looking at the screen didn't help but I found one about 30km from the hotel and set off at about half past 7 to get there for opening at 8. Got there, showed my prescription to the hopelessly dumb 'assistant pharmacist' (i.e. too thick to be a pharmacist) who insisted I had to be signed in to the pharmacy first as it's not my regular pharmacist, so I had to phone home and get my health insurance number even though I had the money to pay (forgetting that it's written on a piece of paper in my wallet, but you don't think straight when one side your head's throbbing and there are swirly bits in front of your eyes) and then she presented me with a form to fill in. Luckily the pharmacist herself came to the desk and asked what the problem was, looked at the prescription, said he knows exactly how I felt and told the assistant to get the Maxalt first and then do the paperwork. So the assistant got one of the pills for me and then packed the rest and made the sticker, then started on the legally required spiel about 'you must read the instructions and not exceed the dosage etc...' to which the pharmacist said 'I think he knows that, just leave him alone'.

Always good when someone knows how migraine feels. I don't get migraine often, but I've found that Maxalt works OK; takes about 30 to 40 minutes to kick in but then the pain seems to leave in waves, each wave giving a weird but intense pleasure that's such a contrast to the preceeding hours of hell that I get an impression of how some druggies must feel when they get their first hit. But once the pain goes it leaves me feeling completely drained and a bit zombielike.

Comment

I must admit I quite like that post-migraine spaced out feeling - it's a bit like being drunk. But not ideal if you're working.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I must admit I quite like that post-migraine spaced out feeling - it's a bit like being drunk. But not ideal if you're working.
                      No good for working; I'll probably go home at lunchtime as I have a 2 hour drive and it's that time of year that the caravanning people block up the motorways with their mobile sheds.

Comment

Working...
                      X