• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Came here as Contractor (20+ years in the game), lured to permie by (ex S3 recruiter - if I'd have known this at the time I'd have told him to FRO) false promises of 'fast track' promotion to project board and £65K.
    I'd have left 18 months ago but the missus was unwell so decided to stick around until she was well again. Hence the complete lack of interest ...
    Going back to contracting now, at least I'll get paid for others incompetence.

Oh and slowly cooked Beef shin/Ox tail is probably the best tasting beef.
    Well good luck with the new contract.

Right with you on the shin/oxtail. Also love brisket for making salt beef and pot roasts.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Klapstuk. You might have to tell him not to hack it into little chunks
      Do you happen to know of any good reference sites that translate the various cuts from English into Dutch?

I've searched and all you get are the cuts in English on Dutch sites.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Though I do like bacon and cabbage.
        Last time I made this I ate the entire servings in the prep while cooking the rest of the sunday roast, luckily I had plenty more to cook
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Do you happen to know of any good reference sites that translate the various cuts from English into Dutch?

No idea, sorry. Wikipedia sometimes helps; find the cut you want in English, then click Nederlands at the side (if it's there).
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

No idea, sorry. Wikipedia sometimes helps; find the cut you want in English, then click Nederlands at the side (if it's there).
            Been there, done that, it's hopeless. Gives you the translation rather than what the actual butcher given name is.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just got a postcard from our old vets to remind me that NorPuss III's ( RIP) vaccinations are due

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Assuming you know where to each bit on the cow then you can find the names here;

Rundvlees - Vereniging van Keurslagers

Meer over rundvlees - Vereniging van Keurslagers
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  Well my 'Exit' interview went well.

No one from Remains turned up.

Worth noting at this juncture that technically I'm on a 'written disciplinary' atm for 'lack of performance'.
                  Can't wait to see what they make of my complaints about various managers (included the HR manager) 'lack of performance'.
                  You are me, aren't you?

Comment

Put it this way, I wish I'd found this thread 18 months ago ....

Comment

don't even suggest eating liver or kidney to most of them;
                      Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Liver.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Fava beans.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Chianti.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kidneys.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

A census taker makes good eating for at least a couple of days.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Saw some lambs' hearts in Tescos the other day, I was quite surprise & very tempted.

Lambs' Hearts with stuffing.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                      X