• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy has turned up
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Nope, it's impossible.

My code only does one thing. It is impossible for it to do something completely different.

I don't even know how to get it to do the thing they say happened, because it's complex and I haven't looked at the APIs for years. It's not even as if it can inadvertently happen.

It can't.
      Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        New toy has turned up
        Will you wait for Mr N to show you how to use it
        Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Originally posted by zharrt View Post
          Will you wait for Mr N to show you how to use it
          do you want a feckin' slap or shall I ask cojak to ban you as well?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope, it's impossible.

My code only does one thing. It is impossible for it to do something completely different.

I don't even know how to get it to do the thing they say happened, because it's complex and I haven't looked at the APIs for years. It's not even as if it can inadvertently happen.

It can't.
            Did they document how they broke it? If not get them to do it again documenting the steps 1 by 1.

The testers hated me when I insisted that they did that. It annoyed me so much I didn't give them the tool I was going to offer them to do the documentation automatically for a whole month.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Did they document how they broke it? If not get them to do it again documenting the steps 1 by 1.

The testers hated me when I insisted that they did that. It annoyed me so much I didn't give them the tool I was going to offer them to do the documentation automatically for a whole month.
              Of course not, these are users.

all you'll get is "it doesn't work how I thought it would" and then it turns out they have completely different expectations than from the business spec.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Of course not, these are users.

all you'll get is "it doesn't work how I thought it would" and then it turns out they have completely different expectations than from the business spec.
                Then you want the posher version of plan c. At least then you know what the error was

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Did they document how they broke it?

Of course not.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Of course not.
                    If its a test team give them a screen recording tool. Every time they start a test they start recording if everything goes fine delete the recording otherwise voila there is the documentation.

the fact it also records the 15 minutes of browsing they spent while doing 16 minutes of testing is of course a good side benefit for management.

Comment

New plan is...

- give me a list of scenarios you want to test. Almost a "test script" if you will.

- I will provide you with an extract of the data before you run the tests. This will enable you to identify what data will change when you run the tests.

- I will suggest what parameters you should use to run each scenario, but it's up to you if you want to use those or find your own.

- I will be available on the phone and / or remote desktop while you run the tests, so you can show me what doesn't work.

- At the end of the process, if there is work which needs to be undertaken to fix the job, then we will do the work.

- At the end of the process, if you want it to do something different from the current solution, then you need to raise a change request to define the requirements. For the third time.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X