• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I'm going to wear a full tux and a Walther PPK just to make sure!
    Wimp.

It's a glock or a 357 S&W at the very least.

And those are ladies guns.

<ZG in "From my cold dead hands" mode>

Comment

Morning all
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Does that mean you have somewhere to go to (or at least the possibility of somewhere to go to).
        I have summat and the contract, so notice was duly handed in, though newco are getting funny about start dates and may rescind the offer.

I may be trying out the *cough* darkside *cough* (don't hate me) for a while, given the bureacracy of contracting and lack of contracts thereof. Dark side roles over here are mostly short term contracts, so will put myco on ice and see how it goes. This gig gives me the opportunity to move industries that I wouldn't have got normally. Also cloggers banks are a tad funny about mortgages, credit cards etc.... if you are self employed. Doesn't help that the accountants are eye wateringly expensive, the insurance more so ( 10 times that of the UK) and a contract review will set you back nearly a grand!
        Given I have to keep salary at a certain level to maintain an expat tax ruling and there's no flexibility at all like I had with my limited.
        Last edited by norrahe; 7 May 2013, 08:13.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Having spent most of yesterday evening neck deep in Apache conf files, I come in to clientco this morning to find that they want me to set up the dev environment on one of the machines here. Unfortunately it's a little more locked down than my own laptop so I foresee a lot of Vim action in my near future.

Which usually goes like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Having spent most of yesterday evening neck deep in Apache conf files, I come in to clientco this morning to find that they want me to set up the dev environment on one of the machines here. Unfortunately it's a little more locked down than my own laptop so I foresee a lot of Vim action in my near future.

It could be worse.

They could insist on emacs
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Followed by this
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  It could be worse.

They could insist on emacs
                  Whoa there. Whats wrong with emacs?

Comment

I've lost the repair kit for my 2nd Panasonic freeview box.

I moved it some time & will never see it ever again.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I've lost the repair kit for my 2nd Panasonic freeview box.

I moved it some time & will never see it ever again.

Ho hum.
                      The would be ZeitMog has half inched it?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X