• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

I might look at an issue that was found by test on Friday.
    Fixed. Simple config change and everything is hunky dory

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I wonder how many things the Fix It Again Tomorrow will fail on this morning.

3 metal brake pipes and a binding rear brake.

They can fix the fecking thing, I've had enough.

Comment

got a problem with youngest bike that I put together yesterday.
        Everything was going good apart from the rear brake one of the arms isn't springing bake after applying the brake and as a result its rubbing on the rim.

Its got v brakes so wondering if I need to adjust the spring tension.
        Last edited by FiveTimes; 8 April 2013, 12:05.

Comment

So far no real issues or pain and no need for the emergency plasters in my bag
          As soon as you forget the plasters that's when the shoes start to hurt.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon folks
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

got a problem with youngest bike that I put together yesterday.
              Everything was going good apart from the rear brake one of the arms isn't springing bake after applying the brake and as a result its rubbing on the rim.

Its got v brakes so wondering if I need to adjust the spring tension.

Assuming the wheel is in straight and running true...

If you release the cable and the arm still doesnt spring back where it should then try undoing the bolt that holds the arm to the pivot and remove the arm. The pivot should be smooth, rust free and greased. If it's not then clean it up with emery paper, grease it and reassemble.

Otherwise Sheldon Brown will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about brake adjustment and fixing problems
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Sounds like you had a good time.
                Certainly did

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Assuming the wheel is in straight and running true...

If you release the cable and the arm still doesnt spring back where it should then try undoing the bolt that holds the arm to the pivot and remove the arm. The pivot should be smooth, rust free and greased. If it's not then clean it up with emery paper, grease it and reassemble.

Otherwise Sheldon Brown will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about brake adjustment and fixing problems
                  DaveB - you are a legend.
                  Link has been marked and I will get on it when I get home this evening

Comment

DaveB - you are a legend.
                    Link has been marked and I will get on it when I get home this evening
                    Nah, Sheldon is the legend, or was. He died a ferw years ago now. Pretty much everything I know about fixing bikes I learned from reading his website.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      Afternoon folks

A wanderer returns.

Now where did I put that fattened calf?

Comment

Working...
                      X