• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a manager from a previous client get in touch through LinkedIn. They're kicking off some work soon and wanted to see if I was available. I need another me

Comment

Afternoon all

Working hard on transferring and incremental updating SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 while data cleansing via a VPN... what a PITA!!

Still, crunching through the work. Gonna go out and cycle to Waitrose to get some ingredients for some fish cakes for tonight!

Had home made Tagliatelle and Creamy Lobster sauce last night - from flour and eggs and raw lobster to finished dish in 35 mins! Wooohooo!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Just had a manager from a previous client get in touch through LinkedIn. They're kicking off some work soon and wanted to see if I was available. I need another me
        I wish I would get some contact via LinkedIn, I've had nowt apart from gigs in London
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I wish I would get some contact via LinkedIn, I've had nowt apart from gigs in London
          I guess the problem is that you're an unknown commodity over there either that or no one needs what you can provide.

Good luck networking tonight.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I guess the problem is that you're an unknown commodity over there either that or no one needs what you can provide.

Good luck networking tonight.
            There are too many people doing what I do PM and you kinda need to be a tad fluent in Dutch, didn't help having to go back to blighty for 6 months, so I missed out on 6 months of networking dos and practising my Dutch.

The one thing I was pretty niche in has been put back, so no one is bothering with it.

Am fecked orf that me business cards haven't turned up. Its going to look pretty pathetic when people ask me for one tonight.

I hope they turn up in the next couple of weeks as I have another networking dinner to go to.
            Last edited by norrahe; 19 February 2013, 15:09.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well I hope it went well and something always turns up.

On other matters morning all
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all!
                Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

I thought I'd done this.

Old age doesn't come alone.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    NorPuss report: He is much better now, the drugs seem to be doing their stuff, so it looks like it might have been a series of infections. Apparently Mr N said that this time last week, he was barely able to move and sat on the bed drooling and shivering and had to be helped to the litter tray.
                    Poor NorPussIII.

Glad he's improving.

ZeitMogII still has a cough.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X