• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    You've confused II and III I suspect.
    Yep, Norpuss III is ill, Norpuss II eats all the other cats' food.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi again.

Gosh it's quite warm out there this afternoon, and even warmer in here.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Shame you couldn't have stayed on.

As I said you have to carry on with grub club, so the next one should be on the 5th of March (I planned them so they didn't clash with ukulele cabaret, which is the second Tuesday of every month).

You have everyone's e-mail and a list of appropriate venues.
          Yeah, next time I'll stay in a hotel - much less hassle.

OK, I'll start planning - I'll c/c you in as well.

Hope the Norrpuss is improving. Off to Clapham tonight for a boozy night on the town followed by some not-so-fine dining: probably ending up eating chilli dog or summink!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Morning

NorPussIII is getting better and improving by the day, though we had to shut the door of our bedroom last night to keep him in, as he thought it might be a good idea to go downstairs, he's still not up to that just yet.

Still a tad unsteady.

NorPussII is sulking as I wouldn't let him watch the Sopranos with me
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Yeah, next time I'll stay in a hotel - much less hassle.

OK, I'll start planning - I'll c/c you in as well.

Hope the Norrpuss is improving. Off to Clapham tonight for a boozy night on the town followed by some not-so-fine dining: probably ending up eating chilli dog or summink!
              Yep, keep me posted

Btw, use Mudskipper to select your wine, she has more qualifications than me, as she has done the advanced WSET.

Am off to the cash and carry in a bit to sort out the main for a mediaeval banquet.

I was going to have a day off yesterday, but had people around for dinner, cooking a nice meal for me and Mr N tonight, film club tomorrow and hopefully I can get onto the intermediate cloggie course if they have spaces left which starts on the 25th, but I have to start the coursework this Monday.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Yep, Norpuss III is ill, Norpuss II eats all the other cats' food.
                Which is why he gets fed in one room and the others in another.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Btw, use Mudskipper to select your wine, she has more qualifications than me, as she has done the advanced WSET.
                  OK, will do - thanks. Bit of a relief, as was demonstrated by me recommending the house red the other day and you taking a sip. I think your face summed up the situation aptly!

Am off to the cash and carry in a bit to sort out the main for a mediaeval banquet.
                  Good grief, good luck with the cooking! Frightens the bejesus out of me those numbers!

Am going to the local Italian restaurant on Monday to ask to work for free in the kitchen! Wish me luck!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yep, keep me posted

I was going to have a day off yesterday, but had people around for dinner, cooking a nice meal for me and Mr N tonight, film club tomorrow and hopefully I can get onto the intermediate cloggie course if they have spaces left which starts on the 25th, but I have to start the coursework this Monday.

Sorry to hear about DaveB cat.

Glad Norpuss is on the up!

(mudskipper's wine qualifications means she worked hard to learn a bit of geography, not that she's good at selecting wine!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Sorry to hear about DaveB cat.

Glad Norpuss is on the up!

(mudskipper's wine qualifications means she worked hard to learn a bit of geography, not that she's good at selecting wine!)
                      Ah, I probably had more of the practical work experience side and tasting side as well as the book stuff.

For both ( beginners and intermediate) courses I think we tasted about 200 wines and then there were about 50 when I did my week stagier. I do go to a lot of trade wine tastings and general organised ones.

You'll still have done a lot of the food and wine matching ( I know I did when I did the course).

Or you go with the old, have what you like, rather than what goes with the food.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X