• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Right I'm going to try it!
    It is really nice.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think Mr N and I will toast it with an 18 year old Glenlivet
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It a mixture of the Lights (lungs and associated tubing) liver (optional) and heart from a sheep or a lamb cooked for a couple of hours then chopped and mixed with oatmeal, onions and plenty of salt and pepper.

This is then stuffed into the stomach of the sheep or lamb, which has been thoroughly cleaned, scalded in boiling water and then left to soak overnight in salt water.

The whole thing is closed up at both ends with string or strong thread and then boiled again for another couple of hour.

Served by cutting it open, with or without ceremony depending on the circumstances and spooning out the contents.

Traditionally served with whiskey, some people saying this is the only way to kill the taste of the haggis
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          It a mixture of the Lights (lungs and associated tubing) liver (optional) and heart from a sheep or a lamb cooked for a couple of hours then chopped and mixed with oatmeal, onions and plenty of salt and pepper.

This is then stuffed into the stomach of the sheep or lamb, which has been thoroughly cleaned, scalded in boiling water and then left to soak overnight in salt water.

The whole thing is closed up at both ends with string or strong thread and then boiled again for another couple of hour.

Served by cutting it open, with or without ceremony depending on the circumstances and spooning out the contents.

Traditionally served with whiskey, some people saying this is the only way to kill the taste of the haggis
          Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I think Mr N and I will toast it with an 18 year old Glenlivet
          It is really nice.
          I'll give it a go.

So is Voodooflux still around? and where's the lizard?
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

I do enjoy a good Glenfiddich ... tonight I may finish the bottle and start on the Laphroaig
            Join IPSE

Comment

I'll have some of this tonight I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Have you seen A Clockwork Orange?
                Now there's a though.

How to make the esteemed customers learn stuff.

Comment

NorPuss III is not well again, same thing as a month ago.

Am going to have to get the vets to do some tests this time rather than giving him a jab and sending him off home.
                  Poor NorPuss III.

Give him my regards.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Stone me, by the end of that it should be really dead & no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                      I'll give it a go.

So is Voodooflux still around? and where's the lizard?

I's here.

Dunno where VDF is these days though.

Comment

Working...
                      X