• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test please delete part II

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Oooh whats the golden rule - I've not got one of those
    I may have to break my ISA's in order to stay afloat.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Why not see if you can get a temp job or ask at the pub if they need bar staff? It won't bring in much but it'lll help stretch what you have left.
      The only thing I can be trusted to do in a pub is to clean the tables and collect the empties.... Can't get any other work as I am too experienced.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Keep your chin up, old bean. I was in the same place last year, contemplating selling my house when out of the blue, a one month contract turned up.

Which morphed into almost 2 years and counting.
        My chin is firmly up.. Just getting a few expected knock backs. Normal service will resume.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          My chin is firmly up.. Just getting a few expected knock backs. Normal service will resume.
          Good man!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I trust we are all well?
            Nope, currently in the middle of a politcal nightmare and tired to boot
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am doing well compared to you. No contracts, virtually no money left. Life is peachy. Never better. And to top it off, I haven't won the lottery. Life is great. TA for asking.
              Well my accountant landed a bombshell on me yesterday of the fact that my travel and accommodation may not be classified as business expenses because of a tax ruling that I have.

He's looking into it, but he could have done that prior to me agreeing to the contract back in blighty, as I wouldn't have taken it if I had to be personally financially reponsible for monthly flight costs.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Well my accountant landed a bombshell on me yesterday of the fact that my travel and accommodation may not be classified as business expenses because of a tax ruling that I have.

He's looking into it, but he could have done that prior to me agreeing to the contract back in blighty, as I wouldn't have taken it if I had to be personally financially reponsible for monthly flight costs.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. Now that you are in Blighty, are you going to arrange a social to drown your sorrows?

Comment

Nope, currently in the middle of a politcal nightmare and tired to boot
                  Ahhh.... Political nightmares, they are what dreams are made of.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    nope - I'm knackered. but apart from that I'm fine.
                    Well apart from loads kicking off at home - Im fine
                    And apart from that big day at clientco - Im fine

How's you ?
                    and the tumble dryer has packed in and I've got to get another one

Comment

Ouch... thats not good

Comment

Working...
                      X